Jay Smith

Guest shark83

Guest shark83

Just wondering what everybody thinks about CW just offering this kid. I saw in a thread below that someone thought he could possibly end up at Safety. I was wondering if anyone thinks that if this kid came to ND would he change his positons or could it be that maybe CW thinks that we aren't in as great shape with our 2 other WR targets (Benn and Little)?. I highly doubt that either of these 2 will end up somewhere else than ND. What do you guys think?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Weis just wants playmakers. Whether you're a receiver, running back or whatever, he just wants playmakers on the field at all times. Whether its guys like Trattou or Martez that can play multiple defensive positions, or guys like Munir Prince, Jay Smith, or Arrelious Benn. Weis is definitely building a program that will be very versatile in everything they do. Not just that, but with guys being able to fill multiple spots, he can pick and choose where he wants a certain person, and in case of sudden injury or transfers, he has guys that will be able to fill in spots. Very smart man.

Guest TDJesus3

this does not affect benn or little

there is likely one spot that could go to a number of positions, and taking a 4th wr is an option, and thats where smith fits in

Guest SirJohn

Your !00% on target Irishdread. That's charlie's philosophy. Multiple skills and positions now and down the road... It's tough to plan for ND if you don't know who the Hail is going to be playing Guard, Tackle, Back etc. I never said he wouldn't take 5 stars but he wouldn't need them in that system. They will be able to do everything or anything. Warning look for some more transfers that do feel I am an H Back, my life is H back I expect to be an H back for instance. (Already heard from some mouths regarding that in other positions.)

Guest NDLawJAG

The only message this sends is that there are more top 100 players that want on board. If you have a chance to go to ND you better jump at it or another top player might take you spot.

Sounded good until I read this...

“No schools in particular [are sticking out]. I’m just waiting and weighing all the possible options with my family and seeing what’s the best fit,” said Smith. “My dad played [at N.C. State] and most likely I’m going to want to play where my dad played. But, we’re all going to sit down and come up to a decision altogether as family.”

According to his father, the goal is for Smith to make a verbal commitment sometime in July to alleviate recruiting pressures and allow Smith to focus just on his senior football season this fall.

Guest Subway Alum - MA

Chris, David, Harrison, Lamont, Malcolm and Tony; but this is the first I've heard of Jay Smith. Does anyone have an information on his "vitals?" Did he attend the recent camp? Have there been any other new offers?

Subway Alum - MA

Guest BGIF

Jay Smith 6-2 195 4.47 VA Va Bch Kempsville, 4Star, Shuttle 4.59, 32vert, 3Cone 7.50, Broad Jump 106.

17c/276y/6TD

As of early May reported offers were PSU CL AKR ECU UF UGA UK LSU UMD MIA NCS SCAR SYR UTN UVA, VT WF and WVU.

He was only Second Team All-City. But he impressed the scouts at the USA AA Combine. Those shuttle, vert, and 3Cone numbers don't seem impressive for a WR but he was reported to have dominated the CBs in the one-on-one drills.

I thought Thompson was the slient verbal from FL? Was there any truth to that?

I don't see that being the case. As for FL skill position guys, I see us having a much better chance with Armando Allen than Deonte Thompson.

Guest Shamrock83

I say the longer A. Allen waits to announce.. the better chance we have... wait til all the Florida schools fill up with rb's.... and then he'll see that he can come up here and make an impact

Guest Kgreene2343

I know this is really off topic, but what's with tOSU? What is the purpose of the t? I get the scUM, because it spells something derrogative, but unless I'm really behind the times for a sophmore in high school, then tOSU doesn't really offend anyone.

Guest BGIF
I know this is really off topic, but what's with tOSU? What is the purpose of the t? I get the scUM, because it spells something derrogative, but unless I'm really behind the times for a sophmore in high school, then tOSU doesn't really offend anyone.

Many of the state school systems have more than one campus like UCLA or UCSB, University of California - Los Angeles or Uof C Santa Barbara. Alabama opponents, particularly Auburn fans, like to refer to Bama as UAT, University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa to distinguish them from UAB (Birmingham) or UAH (Huntsville). It really P.O.s the Bama fans.

OSU's System has a half dozen campuses but Columbus in known as "The" Ohio State University. Check the upper left of their website for the official name:

http://www.osu.edu/campuses/

OSU opponents like to rag them by using a lower case "t", hence the tOSU.