Robert Hughes

Irish_WIN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes talking about what he told Weis on the telephone:

“We’ll see what happens from here. I told him that I just wanted to wait a little while and make sure everything is cool and go through the whole process. They’re a great program. "

Sounds like he is going to end up Irish but just wants to have fun with the process, no problems with that as long as he's wearing Blue and Gold next year. The only big question that I have about Hughes is...will he and Wilson commit together on the same day or at different times?

Guest TDJesus3

different times, these kids are their own guys, never buy into this package deal stuff, even with these two, sure they are buddies but just because one comes here doesnt mean the other will. Now i think both will be irish, but i believe that is by their own choice and its only a bonus that they will both be here.

Look at Austin and Benn, Benn was recently quoted as saying they just know each other, they arent friends, after all that package deal talk everyone gave them.

It helps if they know people at the school, but these kids make their own choices and i dont buy into package deals

Ya, but these two obviously know one another pretty well, and although I am sure there was no "deal", I bet these kids see ND even better now that they both have the opportunity of going there. If you could pick only one of them to come to ND which would it be? I think I would have to go with Martez.

Read the article this morning....that is definitely good news on Hughes; whether or not it helps us out with Wilson remains to be seen. As far as silent commit, I'm still holding out hope that the one rumored to be a silent is Benn, but if there are more than one silent, even better!

I always thought that the whole package deal thing for any recruits was always overdone. I can't ever see 2 recruits being a package deal. Maybe I'm just naive about it. But why would 2 kids follow each other opposed to looking at each of their situations individually. Sure, if you are down to 2 schools maybe you choose the one where your buddy is going. I can see that. But not choosing a school just because your buddy chose it.

Guest Shamrock83

It will probably be after the high school season before scout gets anything updated.. who knows what those guys do over there....

hey lets run a recruiting network.. get interviews with players...gather information.. and then forget to put it up for anyone else besides us to see it... oh and we'll charge them 100 dollars a year as well :roll: