Austin cut down day

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

Let the count down begin the Marvin Austin cut down day is rapidly approaching. On August 8th Austin will cut down his list of ten schools to five, those five will be recieving his official visits. This is a crucial step, and im not saying if we make the five we got him, all i am saying is, out of the five we have the best shot at a big time year, and if he comes to campus and we make a push and hopefully win an NC then things will be looking alot better. I have to think we will be in the five...my guess for the five would be ND, FSU, Miami, USC, and Maryland

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shark83
i heard maryland isnt going to be in it. he is dissapointed that someone i dont know the name is not going to be playing there anymore he also played d line. the article is floating around on some other post.

Yea, you're right 34, the recent dismissal of Melvin Aleazee just hurt their chances of landing Austin. My gut still tells me he'll end up in South Beach when it's all said and done.

Guest shark83

As much I would love to have Austin sign w/ us, I think ND should focus more on guys like Will Blackwell and Deangelo McCray. Blackwell and McCray seem to have shown a lot of interest in ND and I know that in the past Austin has been stated as saying he'd prefer to go to college in a big city (Miami, LA). If he doesn't pick ND, I wouldn't mind if he choose the U because we don't play them every year, unlike USC :lol:

don't feel bad 08 I misread it also...ya we're definitely going to be in his top 5. Us winning and NC would definitely help our chances with him, but I also think that if Lanri and Abiamari have good years that it may help to sway him also. Something is telling me that Austin just doesn't like the atmosphere in SB, city wise I mean...maybe if Benn comes on board and gets on Austin's back we will have a better shot

Guest NDLawJAG

I think that SC will win out in the end... Then he will have the chance to see us beat them each of his three year there.

Guest shark83
PSU should definitely be out because Happy Valley is in the middle of nowhere

I agree with you Shamrock. The reason why I think PSU I believe PSU is in his top 5 is because Larry Johnson Sr. (PSU's best recruiter) has ties to the DC/Maryland area and has known Austin for awhile. Last year PSU went into to Maryland and took top prospects away from Ralph Friedgen and the Terps (#1 CB AJ Wallace and #5 OG Antonio Logan-El, and 4 other recruits). The only thing I feel that keeps Austin away from The U is if Miami has another bad year (Although they were only 9-3 last year) and at top notch programs that is considered not a great record (Ask Nebraska's old coach, Frank Solich :lol: )

Read a Scout article about Austin's school change...

"Coach (Todd) Amis went to Ballou and about 10-15 of us are going also," Austin said. "I wanted to be around people I trust. There was some stuff going on at Coolidge that I didn't like. I'm not going to get into specifics cause that isn't right. Ballou is closer to my home, so it just makes sense."

If Ballou was closer why wasn't he going there in the first place?...I guess he was just at Coolidge for the football. This kid just doesn't seem to fit the ND mold...i really don't think we are going to get him.

what i'm reading on our sister boards is that he is probably U bound.Sounds like Austin is getting a little big headed if you ask me.

yeah, i agree but if any one can deflate an ego and turn a player into a TEAM player Weis can and does.