Arrelious Benns Top four

dangeruss

FSU in the top four for 5-star WR?

By Lee Gordon, Warchant.com Recruiting Analyst

Five-star receiver Arrelious Benn is trying to narrow down his numerous options. Of all the schools that have offered, and there are many, four stand out to the 6-foot-2, 210-pound speedster—Florida State, Illinois, Southern Cal, and Notre Dame are four of his top choices.

The Seminole coaching staff is hoping to get the blue chip receiver to come in for a visit this summer.

"Coach Lilly, I like him," said Benn, "he's a good guy. I'm trying to make plans to go there this summer."

The Rivals100 member says he will visit Illinois and Southern California for sure, and hopes to visit Tallahassee and South Bend as well.

There's a reason Benn was named a five-star athlete. As a junior, the Dunbar High School star caught 49 balls for 1,130 yards and 16 touchdowns. In addition, he was named all-league, all-metro, and all-area. But the five-star status doesn't do anything for the No.19 player in the nation.

"It's just stars by my name," said Benn. "It's something good to look back on. I know what I can do."

Benn says he keeps in constant contact with Coach Lilly, text messaging back and forth all the time.

"I just want to see how they do during the season," said Benn. "See where I'm comfortable. Any decision I make will be a good one. My coach, my mentor, and my mom, they will support me in the decision."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndyIrish
I'm hearing that Benn likes Florida State, more than people think. That's a team to keep an eye on.

That really goes against the consensus here, but we appreciate your input. Hopefully you aren't hearing reliable information!

Guest TeamUlovetohate

I think he'll end up irish as well, but some of my cane buddies are telling me that FSU will lure him away. One of them even went as far as to promise me that Benn will be a nole if he ever took a visit there. I guess we'll see what happens.

Guest shark83

This is very OT, but I want to let u know that you guys are getting one heck of a RB stud in LeSean Mccoy. I went to high school with him and my brother was his teammate the past two years. After he finishes half a year at Milford Prep, I wanna see him tear up at the U. Congrats

Guest shark83

Thanks el senor domer. I've been reading the board for about a month and just recently decided to start posting. I just started following recruiting about 8 months ago and what CW has done in just about a year and half is terrific. It's great to have a coach that isnt afraid to go into Florida, Cali, etc... and battle with the big boys for recruits.

Living in PA, I have to hear from the PSU fans all the time and how great they are (Granted, every time u ask them why they're going to be great, they have no facts to back up their arguements :roll: ). Here's a link to one of their forums (http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psufootball/). They constantly say how fat Weis is and how ND is overrated, along with calling Pitt, sPitt, and Michigan, scUM and how they got cheated last year in Ann Arbor haha. I'm glad to see that this board is nothing like that board. Instead of this board being filled with busts on different teams, its filled with quality information. Keep up the good work guys and GO Irish

Guest TeamUlovetohate

I would actually take that bet TD. I don't think ND has anything to worry about imo. The only thing going for FSU right now is the fact that Benn liked them growing up. But i still would'nt read too much into that because he also said that he liked Miami growing up as well, and yet we can't even make his final cut. ND has been recruitng Benn for so long, that i just know he's leaning there. Not only that, but did you see what Benn had to say in that article?:

"I just want to see how they do during the season," said Benn.

Miami is going to Murderize (yeah i invented that word) FSU in our opener. Its going to be a blood bath, so please don't watch that game if your of the faint of heart. Once Benn sees that crucifixtion, that will seal the deal for ND.

Guest NDLawJAG

And I like Miami sealing the deal for ND... As long as we can get Benn to commit before Bowden pulls some NSD magic, we are Ok.

Law wrote:

...Bowden pulls some NSD magic

You remember that too, huh! Booker wishes he were Irish, his teammates in SB wouldn't have stolen his computer or whatever it was.

U, I agree, sounds like Benn might be a little skeptical about FSU's season.