Malachi Lewis

Rockne3d

He has been discussed at many positions. RB, WR and most recently at Corner. But II stated today that he could grow into a future linebacker. The kid is 6'3" 215. That would be pretty damn tall for a RB or corner. Not necessarily ideal for those positions. Based on height alone WR and LB seem most ideal. But I have yet to see videos of him.

He's TD's guy so if TD likes him than so do I. I defer to TD on Malachi. If he is as mean as Malachi from Children of the Corn than I definitely want him on defense.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the size at RB would remind me of Eddie George only faster...LB does sound like the most obvious broker...in 3 years from now we are going to be talking about our defense breaking tons of school records the way that our offense did last year with all of these freak recruits that we are going after this year...maybe if we don't get a safety he winds up there?

Ya the size at RB would remind me of Eddie George only faster...LB does sound like the most obvious broker...in 3 years from now we are going to be talking about our defense breaking tons of school records the way that our offense did last year with all of these freak recruits that we are going after this year...maybe if we don't get a safety he winds up there?

Guest TDJesus3

just depends on how he fills out, with his speed he can play almost anywhere, however to move to lb he will have to bulk up, but i saw the article referencing him as a possible lb

He is already 215. As that projects into college I would think he could play the strong side since we would have smaller LB's to play apache but his speed and coverage skills would also fit well at apache. So my point is, I don't know. But i'd love for him to be Irish.

I guess we prob. won't be able to really project where he will play until NSD when we see what positions we didn't fill...both Lewis and Little add huge flexibility to our recruting and will be huge contributors once we get them in blue and gold

Broker wrote:

This class is loaded with recruits that have the skills to play a multitude of positions. I love it. bring the talent in and let Charlie decide where to play them.

I love it, too Broke! This was also Holtz's recipe for success.

Guest JerseyDomer

If he bulks up and keeps his speed he'll be flyin around like a Miami type LB.... Our D has the chance to really become special if we land certain guys along with what we have.... it'll be a nice problem to have tryin to figure out which stud plays where

...he'll be flyin around like a Miami type LB....

And we wonder why players chose elsewhere. Why, they don't identify defense with ND.

We reference other schools to designate a superior player rather than Buoniconti, Carroll, Lynch, Olson, Collins, Heimkreiter, Golic, Crable, Kovaleski, Bolcar, Pritchett, Stonebreaker, and DuBose among other outstanding ND LBs. It's been more than a dozen years since Dubose suited up for ND. Today's recruits weren't old enough for preschool when ND LBs last ruled the gridiron.

Guest TDJesus3

well said bgif

its only a matter of time though, wait till all the kids get picked this year in the draft, then they will be saying how ND puts guys into the pros, and how charlie can get you there, its already happening with offensive guys seeing it, i really think you are going to see a better D and in a few years those guys will be hitting the pros along with all our guys on O

Denman, Boiman, Watson ...

I did say "among other outstanding ND LBs" but I'm sorry you make my point. Those guys were among the best of the past 13 seasons but they would not have beaten out any of the guys I've listed.

Kovaleski, Bolcar, Pritchett, Stonebreaker played on the same team along with a guy name Flash Gordon. Pritchett, Stonie, and Flash were 2nd string. Bolcar was 3rd string. And they all lettered. 11 LBs on that team lettered. They were excellent AND deep. For most of the past dozen or so years we've had a few guys playing a lot of minutes.

I wasn't talking about good LBs but guys that dominate an offense. That dictate how an offense will play them, like the way Weis' offense dictates a game.

well said bgif

its only a matter of time though, wait till all the kids get picked this year in the draft ...

At QB, WR, OL, DE, and DB yes but not at LB - the position we're discussing.

WE don't even know who the starting LBs are yet. Didn't most of the potential starters sit out the Spring recovering from surgery?

ND is making a mark in the NFL draft again but not yet at LB. And it's doubtful that ND will have a LB taken in the next two drafts.

Guest irishrick

rb or lb, its thr heart of the player, if he is asked to play the position and WANTS to do it, size dosen't mean a thing, remember rudy. got to have the toughnesss and the desire to play. the heck with size, give me the desire and it will win everytime ,go you irish fellas. :D

Guest TDJesus3

whoa i wasnt speaking directly about lb, i was just saying in general ND will be getting a rep, just like miami has a rep about things

i doubt malachi ends up at lb, but you never know