Maryland DT Donald Langley

irishdread

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"The Notre Dame coach told me that I'm their No. 2 defensive tackle. He has been to my school a lot this month and said that my grades are fine, he just has to talk to coach Weis and then I'll get an offer from them."

#2???? after who ??

Guest VagasFerguson44

I wouldn't doubt that he is #2. I bet Blackwell is #1. Austin is out. McCray is a pipe dream. And Barksdale is Mich (or OSU as some believe). Davis who knows. And the guys at Irishenvy are reporting that Myles Wade will verbal to Oregon very soon. Ian Williams is also a pipe dream.

That would pretty much put this guy in the running for #2 DT. The way things are going, I'm really starting to think that Eric Olsen will be a DT. He is a very good OL but an even better DT. Having him and Paddymeister playing side by side would be a pretty good tandem.

I read an article awhile back somewhere, stating that Eric Olsen just might make that switch. At the time I didnt believe it because all the hype was about the Fab O-Line that nD brought in. But it also said that he had a nasty mean streak when he's on the D-line.

Wow... i think I'm going to agree with Vagas. :shock:

If I've never responded to a Vagas post... it's, well, i'm following the thumper rule. :wink:

Anyway, i think Austin is out, Barksdale doesn't sound too good.

I don't think McCray is a pipedream, per se, but I think he may have contingencies on his offer that might be a challenge for him... we'll see. So, I don't think it's a stretch to beleive Langley has been tagged as the Number 2 for ND (in which we add grades, character, etc. to the equation, not just athletic/football potential).

So, I can see..

1. Blackwell

2. Langley

3. McCray (get that 20 ACT dude!!)

Guest VagasFerguson44

1qa, now doesn't that feel good. You need to agree with me more often. Your life will change immensely (for the good) when you do. You'll see! :!:

I've never heard this name before. But apparently the Irish coaches have been in contact with him.

Yes, they were - back in May. That is an old article, check the date at the bottom of the article:

Updated on Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:31 am EDT

It's not a new name on DD. On May 24th, a DD poster started a thread on Langley:

http://www.domerdomain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3411&highlight=langley

It quickly died.

A check of Langley's Rivals and Scout profiles don't list any new ND articles on him since 5/25. His Rivals profile (Hare's organization) doesn't list ND as a college choice. Scout lists offers from Ball St and Temple and ND isn't on the list of interests. Neither site lists Langley in their databases of ND DT prospects.

I'd like to see a DT on board but unless Langley is a super secret silent verbal hidden from the media, he doesn't appear to be a candidate at this time.

Guest JerseyDomer

Law, ever see Benn and Austin play? just curious cause you're location is DC.

I'd like to catch one of there games this up coming season and just curious as to how the attendance is there.

Guest DCIrish

Being from D.C. as well, I will tell you they play their games during the day for a reason. Some of the inner-city schools are in some rough areas, so be careful.

BTW, Austin says he is transferring schools. He, along with some teammates, are going to a rival high school because of an "issue" with the coach.

More and more I think Austin's ship is sailing. IMO, his attitude will not bode well at ND.

Guest NDLawJAG

I'm going to try to see at least one game of theirs this year. I did not see them last year. I will also go down and see Nuss. I'll give you an update on them... Perhaps some home video.