Walls and McNeil

IrishNY1985

Just curious who you guys think is going to end up being the better player when its all said and done at ND, Walls or McNeil?

I'm a fan of both and feel they are going to give us an exceptional pair of corners to help build our D around. Walls seems to be the higher rated player but McNeil was a flat out stud in that AA game. The guy completely shutdown all those big time wideouts that neglected ND for other places....not that its a big deal with the likes of Benn and Kamara on the way tho!

Anyways, the resurrection of our D is going to be determined very much by these two, who do you like?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FightingIrishMan

Probably should be in General Forum, but ill answer and say McNeil. I just really like this kid for some reason.

hey Irishman,

yeah, I see what you're saying.....I've said in the past tho, until these guys play a game for the Irish I still consider them 'recruits'....thus in this forum....plus I'm just here more of the time....anyways, anything particular about McNeil? Some people claim he doesn't have top end speed but he looked plenty fast enough at the AA game.

Guest NDLawJAG

I like McNeil... He was all over the best HS WRs in the country. I think Walls will be good but I want to see him rise to the level of his opponents.

I too prefer McNeil. I wasn't sure about him until the AA game, where he just FLATOUT DOMINATED! I like Walls a lot too though. I just don't have any concrete evidence that he can play like McNeil because he was hurt during the game. I'm sure both he and McNeil would have started that game but still, it's better see someone dominate against top-tier talent than to just assume that they would.

I think Walls will be the better player by the time they are both done. They will both be great DBs, but it has been said that Walls has a chip on his shoulder about not playing in the AA game. With him having something to prove, I think it will show this fall and carry on throughout his career at ND.

Guest FightingIrishMan
I think Walls will be the better player by the time they are both done. They will both be great DBs, but it has been said that Walls has a chip on his shoulder about not playing in the AA game. With him having something to prove, I think it will show this fall and carry on throughout his career at ND.

i dont think a chip will make him a better player when its all said and done. the better player once their careers are over will be defined on simply who was better. i dont think "having something to prove" or " having a chip on their shoulder" makes a player work harder than another player. Sure it may help him personally but McNeil will be giving it his all to be a better player

walls by far. no question, he has all the athletic ability in the world. some said that he didn't play against heavy competion or something like that. he played in western penn. one of the stiffest comp. every year. he has fluid hips, and a nack for the big play. he will be dominate by his soph ear. that being said mcneil is a great player too. i think they will be like vontez duff and shane walton. basicly 50/50 right down the middle, based on which one you like more. they both will be great.

Walls.

Walls came in to last year as the #1 overall CB in the nation, and only slipped because of a bum shoulder that needed surgery. His shoulder is better, and he still has all o fthe ability that made him the preseason #1 CB last year.

McNeil had one hell of a AA game, but one game does not make a career. There is no doubt that he has the ability to be a solid CB, but I do not expect him to play like he did in the AA game every Saturday.