RB Antwain Easterling?

dangeruss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamUlovetohate

Greetings. I'm quite curious as to why some of you think Easterling is destined for Miami. I've always gotten the impression that UF (Florida Gators) was his favorite.

Guest TeamUlovetohate
im not sure, it must be the south florida connection. isn't he miamis #1 RB target?

Yes, he is one of our top targets along with Lennon Creer out of Texas. However, the problem is that we have alot of bodies at that position right now, and Easterling has already stated that he wants to play early. He also has already stated that he is a Florida Gator fan. The majority of cane fans, such as myself, would love to get Noel Devine (lifelong cane fan) but that looks unlikely now because of his grades.

Guest TDJesus3

welcome U,

yea i think devine is headed for prep school

as far as florida or miami for easterling, I think you are right in saying its by no means a done deal that he is headed for miami, alot of people wrongly assume his location makes him a lock for miami, and i know miami has depth at the rb and easterling has stated he wants to play early, however, i think florida with rainey already on the board, isnt the best for his game, he doesnt seem like a spread offense back to me, i think he would be a better fit in miami, additionally, im not so sure another back won't hop on the florida bandwagon before easterling, which means you may land him by default, Creer, Davis, and Dwyer are all possibilites

Guest TeamUlovetohate

Yeah, our new president Shalala, is hell bent on raising the standards here at the U. Kids will have to hit the books harder if they want to play for us. Will this hurt our recruiting? Maybe a little. But its good to get kids who you don't have to worry about becoming academically ineligible later on.

Guest TDJesus3

yea i think it will help the U, u get hurt alot of times losing kids for eligibility and it will still be the U, as long as all your NFL guys keep coming back to work out and the atmosphere stays the same, in florida you can find kids who maybe arent the academic risk but are still good players, i mean its not going to be coming stanford

I agree, you guys'll miss out on certain guys that probably wouldn't cut it in the classroom anyway...TD you're so right on former players coming back, that's what kids want to see, guys who got to the pros through the same program....I love how Charlie's bringing back our recent greats, I always wondered why our coaches didn't reach out more.