Hughes gets offer per EdgyTim!

Guest VagasFerguson44

Off the field, yes. On the field they go after each other non-stop is what i hear. They are very interested in going to the same school, and it seems that they will indeed do just that. Martez already had us in his top 2 before Hughes got his offer. I expect Tez to commit as soon, or sometime very close after Hughes does.

They are both ND bound now!

By the way Vagas, very good find.

After reading Hughes' profile on Scout he sounds like the same type of back as Tyler- good hands, good size, lacks top end speed. If the Hughes offer helps us land Martez and we get also get a commit from him, it would appear that us not landing Tyler may have been one of the best things to happen to us this recruiting class.

Guest VagasFerguson44

That's what I'm saying, GwoodND. By the way, is that your rapper name? Kinda like G-unit?

As my buddy Ciabatta Boy says in the Jack In the Box commercial..."C-I-A-B-A-double T-A, Ciabatta. Peace out!" (spoofing a national spelling bee contest, of course)

One of the funniest commercials ever made, in my opinion.

Guest Subway Alum - MA

Hey benwa isn't convicts already taken (FSU)? But criminals is available when making future references to the University of Scandal and Corruption!

Guest NDLawJAG

His quotes to Rivals did have the caveat... He needs to keep his grades up. I expect that this should be an easy one. Now we just need a good speed back. AA would be a nice compliment to Hughes.

I think Hughes is more of a Ray Zellars type of back. He's big enough to play fullback, but still has the agility and quickness to play TB. I just dont think he'll line up ever at fullback while at ND. Probably more one back sets and redzone possessions.

Hey benwa isn't convicts already taken (FSU)? But criminals is available when making future references to the University of Scandal and Corruption!

Criminals was taken in '93 by the Florida State Criminoles (or Creminoles).

Miami owns the Convicts label.

is ND recruiting him to play RB/FB or LB? him and shwapp would be good to have down at the goalline.

"I am not a fullback!"

I believe Hughes has mentioned that a couple of times in the past few months.