JC, DJ, and ZF

IrishNY1985

Alright guys, theres been alot of debate about which of the big 3 recruits will inevitably take the reins at QB in 07 after BQ leaves. Everyone has their favorite and thats cool, but lets hear not only who you like but why you like them....each QB has great features that could play to their advantage no doubt.

This isn't to suggest that Sharpley can't or won't win the job either....personally I think the kid could be a very good QB for us, and just might be after a full 2 years with Charlie and the system....I do think he would be at a much greater advantage if he were focused solely on football instead of split with baseball, but hey, the Shark can do it so we'll see.

I know theres been a few other threads about this topic, but I feel alot of it has been some people hating on 'X' while others ridicule 'Y'.....just trying to stir up some convo, lets hear what you have to say.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up IrishNY1985, the only thing that I'm going to comment on is that all 3 should have equal chance and that you were mistaken in saying that Sharpley should focus on football only, Weis didn't grant him permission to play baseball at this time, apparently he wouldn't have been a major contributor to the baseball team anyways so he wanted him to partner up w/ the playbook. Everyone has their guy for certain reasons, I just want the best to take snaps. It will be a great competition and I think they will make eachother step up.

Guest SirJohn

Sorry this is a recrtuting page only JC belongs here the other three are actual members of the Notre Dame team, playing this year. Back ups in GENERAL. :)

Guest Irishmac1988

hate to break it to everyone here...but obviously JC is going to be the front runner after the season regardless of how DJ and ZF progress. DJ will get the benefit of being able to switch to wideout and see the field but ZF will be stuck behind jimmy unless he shows dramatic improvement. Its clear that CW's infatuation with JC shows that he'll be the starter after BQ departs.

hey scotty,

actually I was just suggesting that if Sharpley is eventually going to make a serious run at starting QB, then yes I think he should focus solely on football....idk about the whole 'not being a major contributor' to the baseball team either, from what I had heard he possibly was going to be the starting 1st baseman this spring....

anyways, I think it goes without saying that if Sharpley is going to be playing the most pivotal position on the gridiron then he'll need to be focused almost entirely on football....big difference from someone like the Shark that is playing wideout or another position

thanks for responding

IrishNY, I agree..I think he would have to focus on football if he's going to be the #1 guy. I don't know enough about Irish baseball or his talent to know where he fits in, I just knew he was held out because Weis mentioned it in one of his pressers.

Guest VagasFerguson44

IrishMac, even more than you hate to break it to us that JC will be the front runner, I hate to break it to you that DJ will win the starting QB job. JC can frontrun all he wants in the minds and hearts of all of you but DJ will flat out be running the team.

I ean that sincerely, IrishMac. Sometimes I hate being right so often. Often times, it just seems so unfair to everyone else.

I think Sharpley will get the job in ’07. Weis recruited all 4 and wanted each one, so they will all have an equal chance at playing. With Sharpley having 2 years to learn the play book and to study under Weis/Quinn, then he will be far ahead of the others 3. Look what Weis did with an ok michigan qb, imagine what they will all look like after a couple of years under Weis. Weis is a mastermind at teaching and coaching and will get all 4 to be great, but only one will start and I think it will be Sharpley in ’07.

Guest TDJesus3

im with vagas on this one, for the longest time i thought it was JC's to lose, but theres something special about DJ, hes just got some characteristic about him that makes me think he is going to shine under weis

i hear he needs to bulk up some but that can happen over the next year

additionally i hear ZF is bigger than the tight ends i guess hes just huge, and i dont mean fat, someone said they thought he could beat up zibby easy thats how big he looked...not so sure about his boxing skills, but based on size and arm strength he could be a stud

man i wanted to stay out of this convo, especially since i have always favored JC, but i guess i got dragged in, and worse than that i agreed with vagas

Guest SirJohn

I hate to disagree with staff Irishmac88.

I see zip favoritism of JC by Weis. When? Weis cannot comment on JC, per NCAA. On the other side isee a guy calling himself "general." I do know Weis and Zach talked weekly before he even hit South Bend. Coach said it's up in the air. Again no "favortism" to JC.

I honestly think this kid fried all your eyeballs but Coach.

For how much hype Clausen is getting I really can't see him not starting unless CW doesn't think that he is ready, in which case I think DJ will take over in 07. I like the fact that he is a threat to run the ball. If Ty and his offense had any imagination they would have put Holiday in at QB and allowed him to run the option every once in a while to mix things up. If DJ doesn't earn the starting job I still think that he will see some playing time in special packages...he's a good talent and I'm sure CW will put him to good use.

Guest VagasFerguson44

TD, agrees with Vagas. What next? World peace? All I can say, TD, is leave the dark side and come into the light.

Sir John,

none of these guys, with the exception of Sharpley, has even worn a Notre Dame jersey yet. Yes, all are 'committed' or are even already on campus, but things can change....I'm sure it would never happen but can you imagine the craziness of JC decommitted!?.....all I'm saying is that none of the 3 (JC, DJ or ZF) have played a college game yet, so yes, they still are technically 'recruits' and theres no problem with this thread being in this forum....

not trying to give you a hard time or anything, just saying to have an open mind and respond to the thread if you wish

thanks

Guest VagasFerguson44

I wouldn't doubt that Sharpley starts the first half of the season in '07. When I say DJ will be the man, I mean long term. For sure '08 and beyond. He'll redshirt (so to speak) this year and have 3 years of eligibiity come '08. ZF transfers to Iowa. JC transfers to the University of California.