Brian Smith?

Guest JerseyDomer

Guest JerseyDomer

Staying in the Wheat State, linebacker Brian Smith out of St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Overland Park is getting rave reviews from the college coaching fraternity. The 6-2, 225-pound linebacker, is the son of former Notre Dame football letter winner Chris Smith. Brian Smith has 10 scholarship offers, but the one eluding him is the one from the Fighting Irish. "I really want to go to Notre Dame." Smith told Scout.com. "Notre Dame has always been my dream school. My dad went to school there, played football there, and I never missed a game growing up. My favorites right now are Notre Dame, Michigan, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Florida and Michigan State." Smith told Scout.com that he plans on making several unofficial visits this summer.

Hey, anybody have any info on this kid, is he on our radar and/or a guy who would be of help? Looks like he's being looked at by some quality programs and you always gotta like anyone who's heart is set on ND.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NDLawJAG

The LB position is filling up fast. I think all of them will have more speed then I have seen at ND before. This defense will be really good soon, hopefully in time for 07.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Here is a little info on Brian Smith:

Ht: 6-foot-2

Wt: 220 lbs

Forty: 4.72 secs

Bench reps: 14

Vertical: 29 inches

Shuttle: 4.5 secs

GPA: 3.0

Class: 2007 (High School)

Sparq Rating: 64.95

A quote from the Kansas LB:

"Everytime I go there (ND), I walk back with a whole new feeling... it's like Wow! I want to go to that school. They have great tradition, they have great everything there and I just love seeing all of the Gold helmets rush out of the tunnel. Oh, it's a good time."

A little ditty on Brian Smith from Yahoo/Rivals:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-33494&prov=rivals&type=story_recruiting

Guest JerseyDomer

Cool, thanks fellas.

I gotta agree with you Broke, Donald would be a HUGE get, hopefully Charlie can work his magic

Come on fellow Domer's and start digging up the goods on this guY!!!!

You want the goods? here you go.

Brian Smith will NOT be receiving an offer from the University of Notre Dame. Brian just received a call from Rob Ianello and Rob told him the bad news, that Brian will not be receiving an offer from Notre Dame.

This does not necessarily mean that Chris Donald is locked for ND because I do NOT think that ND knows that yet. Rob told him they are happy with what they have already at ILB, with Paskorz.

Guest JerseyDomer

Thanks Broke. It's nice to see we have the class to make that call. If our staff is happy with our lb crew then that's a good thing.

Tough call to receive. I don't think any recruit this year expressed a greater desire to wear a gold helmet. If he had been a prospect at any time in the past ten years or so up, until this year, he probably would have gotten an offer.

Many are called but few are offered.

The times, they are a changin'.

Tough call to receive. I don't think any recruit this year expressed a greater desire to wear a gold helmet. If he had been a prospect at any time in the past ten years or so up, until this year, he probably would have gotten an offer.

Many are called but few are offered.

The times, they are a changin'.

It just shows how much Charlie has changed the program since he took over.

Guest Bluesig

Wish the kid the best of luck as it was obvious that he loved ND and wanted to come but the numbers just wasn't there. I hope he goes and become an All American at whereever he ultimately matriculates.

I don't know if this portends to positive things on the Donald front but I hope it does because he might be the best LB prospect ND has signed in several years and I would really love an inside LB with some size. Paskorz is going to have to bulk up a bit from the 210 he weighed at one of the camps. This probably means that ND is confident that it will get at least one of Donald and Harrison Smith, hopefully we get both.

Thanks for the news Broker, I wish him the best in the future and take my hat off to Weis and staff for not leaving this kid hanging. I also agree, LB will be a fun position to watch in the future, I loved it when those Georgia boys commited!