Who's up Next?

Guest Shamrock83

Guest Shamrock83

There are a number of possibilities.. but who does everyone think is our next announcement?

Do you think it will be one of our guys that we are pretty confident are already a "silent".. or do you think it will be a lesser talked about kid that steps up

I want to take a guess but don't even know where to start

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

well u got wilson on august 1

so u are looking at the last week of june to the end of july, i have to think there will be one or two atleast in july

nuss is a pretty safe bet at this point

donald and smith could be options, momentum seems to be showing we will land both of them, just not sure when they will announce

Guest TDJesus3

hey u got to go with ur gut, im kind of going with my gut when i say i feel good about donald, the UT people i know think he is a tenn lock, but im not so sure yet, his parents are big on academics and i know they liked tenn academic situation so when they get up to ND they should be blown away when they see the grad rate numbers and what a ND diploma means, additionally alot of kids hit campus and are blown away and their position with state u change, so stick with sukay forever u should always go with ur guy, ill stick with donald despite what i hear, i guess after his visit we will know more

on another note the same tenn guys seem to think we got smith all but locked up, so thats some good news

It's hard to say who is next. You have James Wilson, Harrison Smith, Donald all as possibilities to be the next. I'm expecting for Ben Martin to announce for the Irish out of the blue with no warning. I just have a gut feeling that it is not too far away.

Guest TDJesus3

i would love to see mccray, but he still needs a 20 on his ACT not sure when he is taking it or when he will get the results, additionally he hasnt visited and its hard to imagine him annoucing without a visit

but i like ur thinking sunshine

Guest Kgreene2343

He might have taken it June 10 when I did, then the next dates are Sept 16 and Oct 28, so we might need to wait a while.

Guest NDLawJAG

I still think M. Williams will pull the trigger sometime... I like Nuss to do it soon as well. Perhaps when he and his family visit campus this week.

But my choice is Sukay. I just do not think a kid would put off the decision until after his seven on seven camp at ND unless it was so he could tell CW in person that he was Irish.

Guest chrislw35

My reasoning is this.... I think Sukay wants to be Irish in a bad way. I think he wanted to come here and show CW what he can do at the 7 on 7. In hopes that he will get an offer as a WR not a S. Now he is waiting to see if CW bits. I think this kid wants ND bad and will be Irish in the end. This is only a gut feeling. GO IRISH

Law, I like your call w/ Mike Williams, even though he said he wouldn't decide for awhile, i think it will be before his season, so sometime in the next month or so. Broker, like your call on Martin, I think it's a safe bet someone will announce out of the blue, so why not a big-timer like Martin, besides Weis knows the strategy behind announcements. I'm going on a limb here and saying that I think a WR will announce next, hopefully Little, Benn or Sukay (maybe even Hemingway)...that position will fill up quick so unless you want to be like Austin (oops, forgot my promise not to mention him anymore) last year, better jump on...someone won't have a spot before too long. The Tennessee guys are hard to read but who knows, that could happen anytime if it isn't already a silent.

Guest NDLawJAG
I think he wanted to come here and show CW what he can do at the 7 on 7. In hopes that he will get an offer as a WR not a S.

Last I saw, Sukay said that CW said he could have a chance to play WR and if that did not work out he would go to safety. Much like Paskorz, try to start on offense, if not come in and dominate at defense.

Guest chrislw35
I think he wanted to come here and show CW what he can do at the 7 on 7. In hopes that he will get an offer as a WR not a S.

Last I saw, Sukay said that CW said he could have a chance to play WR and if that did not work out he would go to safety. Much like Paskorz, try to start on offense, if not come in and dominate at defense.

I had heard that about Paskorz, but I haven't read that about Sukay.

I had heard that about Paskorz, but I haven't read that about Sukay.

I remember reading somewhere that Sukay will be giving a chance to be a wr. I don’t remember if it was in the Sukay book on this site or where, but I read the same thing.