Armando Allen

IrishGuy

Rivals100 running back Armando Allen holds offers from many prestigious programs around the country. He has gotten letters, text messages, and phone calls from schools coast to coast. He is having a hard time eliminating schools and getting his list down to a reasonable number, but he is getting closer. He has begun the process of elimination and you can find out the latest on that right here.

http://notredame.rivals.com/noaccess.asp?SID=961&script=/content.asp&CID=554950

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those friend of a friend things. But a guy on the II site says that he is friends with Allen's girlfriend and for the sake of the II poster she asked him who his favorite is right now. His answer: Notre Dame.

Like another recent post I made, I have no idea to how true this is. I'm just the messenger on this one. Still thought it may get you guys through your weekend.

thats nice to hear but i think i'd rather have a big fast back like Malachi Lewis.

Danger, don't be soooo damn greedy. Armando Allen would be an amazingly huge grab. Not a complaint in the world over landing Allen. He would be an amazing addition to the CW offense. :clap:

We're grabbing more than 1 RB in this class. A speed back (Allen) and a larger RB.

Guest IndyIrish

I'll be taking this with a grain of salt. If his g/f asks "Hey, a Notre Dame fan wants to know who your favorite is", I'm sure he probably doesn't want to come back and say "Miami." He probably would like to keep people happy/interested...

That said, I sure hope you are right because he could be a big time back.

Guest TDJesus3

yea ive been saying this for awhile, we have a real shot at allen...good find broke

I believe the staff is looking for two backs in this class

Allen and my man Malachi would be the perfect two to bring in

plus i would bring tate in as a corner

I'll be taking this with a grain of salt. If his g/f asks "Hey, a Notre Dame fan wants to know who your favorite is", I'm sure he probably doesn't want to come back and say "Miami." He probably would like to keep people happy/interested...

That said, I sure hope you are right because he could be a big time back.

Indy, let me clarify. I have no idea if it is correct. I don't even know the guy who stated it. Just passing on what I heard from a message board.

Guest IndyIrish

Broke,

I know that you're just passing this along. i misworded(?) by saying "you are right"....

I was just saying how i'm not going to get too excited yet because this is like 4 degrees of separation.

But I really like what i'm hearing.

Guest TDJesus3

yea indy i understand that

the one thing ive learned is to follow the momentum of reports on kids, how the pay sites feel, how posters feel, and rumors u hear...allen has been on an up tick for awhile now, he is starting to look more and more like irish

TD has brought this up before. Just look at the other schools that are recruiting Allen. They either are already loaded at RB or they are bringing in other top backs already for 2007 (and 2006). If you look at these schools in that manner than Notre Dame looks pretty good with Allen. Notre Dame is far from loaded at RB.

Also through in the fact that he gets to run behind the line that we grabbed for 2006. Can you imagine running behind a right side of Stewart and Young. Roadgraders.

Guest gizmokt24

I read the post on II and it said USC was a close second. Seriously how many RBs can they take and why do these prospects continue to have such a strong interest in USC (considering its already insane depth at the position). They just got Tyler. I know everyone wants to be the next Reggie Bush, Lendale White, etc, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

It's not like Charlie doesn't run the ball. Come to ND and you are going to play.

Guest TDJesus3

man think about stewart and young at guards this line is going to be huge, i think even chiro could run behind that, and we all saw him in that picture not exactly 4.4 speed

Seriously how many RBs can they take and why do these prospects continue to have such a strong interest in USC (considering its already insane depth at the position).

USC already has two RB commits this year (a 5-star and a 4-star) not to mention the 2-3 RB studs they got last year.