Gallup is this you?

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

I put this in the recruiting board because i wanted to bring it to everyone's attention, i believe this is our own gallup, if its not i apologize, but im pretty sure it is...I wanted to say how proud I am to even share a board with someone who is doing this

This from the South Bend Tribune

'Pass Right' lives on

The spirit of fallen Irish fan Montana Mazurkiewicz and his family has inspired a Massachusetts High School freshman-to-be.

Nick Ironside, a 14-year-old from Wellesley, Mass., has designed "Pass Right" bookmarks he is selling for $2 each on his Web site (http://www.passrightni.5u.com), with all proceeds being donated to the Mazurkiewicz family.

Montana Mazurkiewicz, age 10, died in late September of an inoperable brain tumor, but not before Notre Dame head football coach Charlie Weis visited the boy and promised him he'd get to call ND's first offensive play in its Sept. 24 matchup at Washington.

Montana died before he got to see the play executed, but Weis ran "pass right" anyway, keeping his promise even though ND started its drive at its own 1-yard line. The play, a Brady Quinn-to-Anthony Fasano pass, picked up 13 yards.

Eight months after Montana passed, his mother, Cathy Mazurkiewicz, died in late May of cancer. She was 46.

In just a shade under three weeks, Ironside has raised $192.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060616/NDSports02/606160441/0/News01

it also got a mention on blue-gray sky

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading for a few months and only just started posting here and there. Actually, first post were with young Gallup21 as our ND recruit Barry Gallup and I went to the same prep school and our DD Gallup21 and I lived in the same town though don't think he was born when yet when I moved! At any rate, I enjoy visiting here and stop by every day. Best to all!Go Irish!!

Guest gallup21

yea, td, that was me, and this morning gwood sorry i got the eastern time zone thing confused-i was on with JT in the Morning at 8:15 AM my time, and was on the mike gallagher show around 11ish, -thanks guys for all the support, ive heard a lot of interesting stories also getting all these emails, like my aunts room mate at ND, a person who graduated with Joe Montana, and a person on the sideline of the pass right play. :)

yea, td, that was me, and this morning gwood sorry i got the eastern time zone thing confused-i was on with JT in the Morning at 8:15 AM my time, and was on the mike gallagher show around 11ish, -thanks guys for all the support, ive heard a lot of interesting stories also getting all these emails, like my aunts room mate at ND, a person who graduated with Joe Montana, and a person on the sideline of the pass right play. :)

That's cool Gallup. I'd say you are getting your 15 minutes of fame but that wouldn't be accurate. This is something different, something more. This is recognition for a great deed that you have done for a family---a family that you have never even met. You went above and beyond. I'm sure everyone involved is extremely grateful, including Montana and his mother.

You earned big respect from me on this one Nick.