Benn Visits Maryland

Guest gizmokt24

Guest gizmokt24

There is a Rivals article out there that talks about Benn's visit to Maryland. He had a lot of good things to say about the Terps and the author even went as far to say this:

"Last night, after he returned home, Benn went as far as to say that he now lists Maryland just ahead of Florida State, USC, Notre Dame and Illinois among his group of finalists."

The article also says that he is visiting ND on Thursday and that he plans to make a decision no later than early October.

I started to feel very confident that Benn was coming to ND, but this puzzles me a bit. I hope the trip to ND on Thursday will seal the deal.

http://maryland.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=554316

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shamrock83

I'm assuming he's Irish too.. but if so... why would he make a comment like that.... what purpose does that serve... that's what I don't understand

To appease the Maryland big men probably. You don't want to spend however much time as Benn did there and then say that it didn't change anything. He wanted to make the school he visited feel good so that when he commits to ND, like we all know he will, it will feel to the Terps, Trojans, Illini, and Seminoles that it was much closer than it was really.

Guest DCIrish

Let's hope that he does not put that much stock in the Twerps. Realize College Park is probably less than ten miles from his house. I would say that plays a big role. Also, he would undoubtedly be the "man" at Maryland if for no other reason than the fact they do not have much talent there right now. Another note is they did have the Florida QB transfer there who would be in his first year as a starter when and if Benn arrives on campus.

I think Benn has a great relationship with Weis and Clausen, but I do not think his committment is a forgone conclusion like many think.

This guy is the real deal and he'll have everyone and their mother trying to convince him to come aboard.

The big thing that scares me about all this is that he was swayed after one weekend. That tells me he is very impressionable and could be swayed toward a school fairly easily. Let's face it, the only think the Twerps have had to be excited about in the last few years is Vernon Davis, a first round TE and their deal with Under Armour. However, a good uniform does not make a good team...

Someone please tell me that I'm crazy and Benn is Irish in December...

Guest gizmokt24

HOLD ON, HOLD ON...

Jeff Baumhower the administrator at Irish Eyes has just confirmed that this story is "bunk." He quoted Benn as saying that the article was inaccurate and a misprint.

Also, Benn is not visiting ND on Thursday. He is going to California to visit USC and to hang out with Clausen...as previously reported.

I'm so sorry for the confusion and I hope I didn't cause any heart attacks.

Guest NDLawJAG

Yeah... According to Scout he has a top four of ND, SC, FSU and Illinois. One of those schools does not belong... Care to guesse which one?

Along the same line Greg Little is traveling out to meet the SC coaches and then going to visit JC to throw the ball around. Carroll is probably having fits... every WR that comes to visit spends more time with JC then at SC.

Remember guys that Tyler said the same thing after his visit, so hopefully he said it out of emotion or the writer walked him into saying that. I still think Benn will be Irish especially since he will be throwing the ball around with Jimmy. If he stays with Jimmy will Marc be there also or did Marc go home for the summer?

You got to like that Jimmy is close to USC for when recruit to visit USC, they can stop by and throw the ball around while talking about ND. I just hope Marc is not there to talk about USC.