More good news for Notre Dame: Florida Prospects

Guest SunshineState

Guest SunshineState

Both D'Angelo McCray and Torrey Davis will take an official visit together to South Bend. That is great news for you guys because Davis is amazing. He may be the best DT prospect in the country, including Marvin Austin. It is interesting that they will likely take the trip together. I guess Weis is really planning something big. Another interesting note is that McCray, Davis and Deonte Thompson will take an official visit to USC to see the Trojans play...Notre Dame. That is another chance for ND to impress them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SunshineState

It is written by the guy who runs the Miami website by the way. If you have a scout membership then I think you can read the entire article.

Guest DCIrish

That is good news!!

I did not know we were even on Torrey Davis's radar. Good stuff. As for McCray, his "soft" commitment to Florida seems to become softer with time.

Wonder why Deonte Thompson is not making an official to ND with these guys? Is he making another official visit by himself?

I still have bad dreams about the ND vs. USC game when Carson Palmer torched us. He won the Heisman that night because of it. Unfortunately, and if I remember correctly, Reggie Bush, Lendale White and Whitney Lewis all gave their committments after witnessing that debacle. Thanks Willingham. Ryan Harris was there too on a USC official. Luckily he decided to come aboard.

I have no doubt this time around though. I cannot wait to Thanksgiving to get some payback on the Trojans. I hope to make it to the game!!

That these big time prospects will be in attendance is yet another chance to impress and show them we are building a powerhouse for the next decade!!

Guest SunshineState

Well now it sounds like Thompson IS taking a trip to ND and Davis may not be the one who will join them. It is interesting that McCray seems to be the one calling people and trying to get them to join him on a trip to ND.

Guest SirJohn

I can't say dangerus. Something went on Svoboda said the ND staff said he needed a 20.? That sounds unusual. Perhaps the kid made that part up about the 20? All I got is a "most likely is Irish" now what the side issues are driving that change I would not know. It's a bunch of those who cannot talk a few than can talk and the rest is 'what's the situation here?'

Get's anymore involed I'd say drop the kid.

Guest rileypt

This thread shows how lucky we are to have CW at the helm- we are going after BIG time recruits ALL over the country- but the best part is that we have very legitiment chances with almost all of them. CW is laying the foundation for a "golden" era of football. CW's presence and effort in Texas, CA, Fla, NJ, and Chicago will be rewarded for years to come. Notre Dame is being restored to its national prominence.

More on topic, it is sounding like McCray is really loving the idea of playing for the Domers and is doing some networking down south. I would be estatic if we could land this kid. Add to that, we have a good chance with Deonte T. and Wilson. If we could get 2 of our FLA studs it would be a steal.

I have a feeling we will land JW, DM, and DT. I don't see Edwards or Wright working out for us.

In Carlie I Trust.

Guest Kgreene2343

Tsk tsk, who's this Carlie girl. Weren't we just talking about how Sukay shouldn't make his decision on a woman. :D

Any one of these prospects would be sweet, but I think we could get all three of these and Wright. The two I want most though, and the most chance of us getting, and Deonte and D'Angelo, but Davis would be very nice as well.

call me opptomistic but i think we have a legit shot at all of these guys. just get them on campus udring the fall and call it a done deal. i love how these guys are going to the USC game. not only will they see us demolish these guys but they will also see the ND fans in full effect half way across the country. i know i will be there!

Guest NDLawJAG

Remember a couple years ago.... We were happy for one Top 100 prospect. Now we are trying to decide what top 100s to offer and which we do not have room for.

I love CW.

Guest Svoboda

Just a little nugget for everyone. I spoke with DT Ian Williams and he told me he recently received an offer. I'm trying to find out if it is a conditional one, but I haven't heard back from him yet.