Noel Devine

irishdread

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world, I would love to see Noel at ND.....but, the world is not perfect, and Noel will not be in South Bend.

He has some pretty well documented "issues" that are preventing him from consideration by most schools. It will take more than DW to get Noel in Blue and Gold.

Guest Shamrock83

I don't care how bad his character is.... I say if it's possible (admissions wise) we should take a risk and offer him.... if he turns out to be a total a**hole then Charlie can straighten him out.... maybe he just needs someone breathing down his neck at all times

for those that don't know, my understanding of the Devine history is that he was quite a problematic kid. One with huge athleticism. Deion Sanders stepped up and tried hard to help the kid. He even had Devine move in with him at one point. Devine left Deion and went his own way. that is the bulk of the history. atleast the one with Deion.

for those that don't know, my understanding of the Devine history is that he was quite a problematic kid. One with huge athleticism. Deion Sanders stepped up and tried hard to help the kid. He even had Devine move in with him at one point. Devine left Deion and went his own way. that is the bulk of the history. atleast the one with Deion.

Same thing when we had Randy Moss and he got into trouble and Lou got Moss hooked up with bobby Bowden and then Moss screwed that up and finally got through at Marshall. Some guys just come with too much baggage. This one seems to fit that mold. I would love to be the one to rehab them but if you have ever been married. You know that you can't change someone.

... I would love to be the one to rehab them but if you have ever been married. You know that you can't change someone.

Of course, she will try to change you.

The All-Time Pearl of Wisdom uttered on DD.

Chiro, betcha half of them will not follow your sage advice. Then in Divorce Court, while paying some attorney $$$$ to stem the bleeding, they'll mumble, "Damn Chiro warned me about that back in '06 right after Tyler verballed to the Trojan, and Hughes and King needed grades/test scores to get offers. And Allen liked year round sunshine. And we had nobody for DT and no OLs or CBs had committed. What was I thinking about? Why didn't I listen to Chiro's Law?"

This is the same story I have heard. I have also heard that he is ironing things out with Mr. Sanders, but I don't think that will help him for 07.

Guest NDLawJAG

Remember that the Patriots won all their superbowls with team chemistry not problem childs. Brains, character and Nasty go along way.

Guest Shamrock83

I plan on being alone.. but I'm starting the official "Noel to Notre Dame" bandwagon... as I said before I would take a risk for his athletic greatness... If we get him in SB and he acts like a Hurricane then we pull his scholarship or simply kick him off the team... Why not give him a chance... If he sees an NFL paycheck a few years of hard work down the road then maybe he'll straighten out a little bit

Good point on the Pats Law, but don't forget that Dillon was there the last few years, he definetly has a history of being a character. The problem is, why bring in a kid that can't get in, grade wise, score wise, attitude wise, it tarnishes the reputation of ND and the current athletes and it says that if you have extraordinary talent we will make exceptions and put aside our tradition of taking scholar/athletes. I guess an example that you could point out Shamrock is Tony Rice, a guy that was risky coming to ND...look what he was able to do.

Guest Shamrock83

If he can't get it.. he can't get in.. I'm not saying we should totally bend the rules to get this kid to ND... but if somehow (and I know they are flexible with athletes at EVERY school to different extents!) he can squeeze his way in.. we need to go for it

Guest NDLawJAG

We could have had Mo Clarrett also... It would be different if there were not other players that could help out as well. If I were going to make an exception it would be for a real need area like DT.

Guest Shamrock83

Maybe if Clarett came to ND he would have been shaped into a student athlete with some brains and morals instead of another criminal bi-product of OSU's program