Lorenzo Edwards film

GwoodND

Guest DCIrish

I really like the fact that he is visiting schools in the Midwest and North. Tha shows me that he is willing to leave Florida.

Let's hope he is true to his word about the importance of academics. That's what Sidell Corley and Gerald McCoy said....

I saw some film of one on ones with Edwards at Florida combine. He does not have the hips to change direction and play corner. He will need to play strong safety or grow into a LB. If so, he will be incredible... He was beaten a few times by faster receivers because he could not change directions fast enough. That would be less of an issue at LB.

He is very fast for his size and seems like a good kid...

Guest VagasFerguson44

Lorenzo "and Yokahama tires" Edwards. Bling, bling. Every time you come around my city, bling, bling.

Tell me we have some Big Tymers and Hot Boys fans in the house.

Not sure what the deal will be with Zo if we get Donald and another LB. We already have two LBs. Will likely take 4. And Zo really isn't a Safety (at least won't be at the college level).

• 1 month later...
Guest jiggafini19

The staff over at Blue and Gold think he's a pretty strong lean.

He is looking at being an architecture guy.

Enter the scary music.

Guest TDJesus3

and michael williams runs in the 4.6's

40's dont necessarily give the right speed

i think edwards will suprise you

i do know the staff will look at him as a safety first

Guest jiggafini19

Edwards has reiterated on every site that ND is looking at him at the safety spot.

Just like Greg Little pinky swears he's not getting recruited on defense.

I've let the idea of Edwards at linebacker stew and simmer. I now like the idea, but the staff is thinking Strong Safety with him.

Sounds like the coaches have been on Edwards heavy. We just may have a very good chance to land him. Whether its at S or LB, he'll definitely be a monster on the field.

“I really enjoy talking to them and receiving the things they send me in the text messages. Having coach Weis and all the college coaches spend the time… I never imagined it happening to me, even in my dreams, so I’m really humbled by the experience.”

Some schools, but not as much as Notre Dame,” Edwards replied when asked which schools were recruiting him as heavily as Notre Dame. “ They’re not necessarily recruiting me the hardest, just more people involved I’d say. I talk to one coach then another coach hears that I’m on the phone and they talk to me all the way until it gets to the head coach.”

I've thought this kid looked Irish from the very beginning. It's interesting that Edwards is still be looked at for S and Harrison Smith was just told that he will be a S as well. We can't have both, so you'd have to think that the staff either thinks we'll go 1 for 2, or they are planning on moving one of them to LB and I'd have to think that it would be Zo.

Well Irish Eyes has Edwards listed as ND's #1 linebacker recruit. Whether he stays at S or LB really doesnt matter to me, just get him in and find out later. but if he can gain another 10-15 pounds and still keep his speed, he definitely can be a force at LB. Sooner or later we're going to need a big LB on the defense somewhere, everyone cant just be fast, big and fast is another thing, like Gallipo or Collasanti.