James Wilson

Rockne3d

According to Rivals, James Wilson had an "awesome" trip to Notre Dame. Here are some quotes:

"I had an awesome time, couldn't find anything wrong with anything," he said. "The coaches are top-notch, and I really felt at home. They're one of the top schools on my list right now. I had an awesome time."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson probably isn't overly tied to the state of Florida since he moved to Florida not too long ago.

It has long been thought that Florida would be the favorite since he played with Tebow last year. But Florida just signed 2 twins that play OG. James and LaShawn Pouncey. LaShawn is a 4 star guy. both from Lakeland, same school as another FL commit, Chris Rainey.

Our odds of James Wilson are increasing heavily, very quickly. I feel very good about our chances with James Wilson.

Guest DCIrish

Broke, this is some of the best news I've heard in a while. This guy is the real deal. Size, mobility and a mean streak to boot.

I think he could be the next Aaron Taylor.

Now all we need is for him to give us a verbal. Any idea when he will decide? Does he plan to enroll early once he decides?

Guest VagasFerguson44

Wilson said he will likely make his college choice in early August. So, unless anything changes before then we will know sometime in August.

Guest TDJesus3

yea, looks like the staff is looking to take only one guard and wilson is their man

i think u will see 4 ol and 2 will be pure tackles and one will be a combo guy who could go tackle or guard and then one pure guard like wilson

Guest VagasFerguson44

He's 5'7", 145lbs. A little small for a guard at the D1 level but they say he's got a real bad mean streak.

Guest Kgreene2343

Kids that had heart and wanted to come to Notre Dame regardless of who recruited them built Ty's team.

James Wilson is 6' 4'' and 308, according to Rivals.

i think u will see 4 ol and 2 will be pure tackles and one will be a combo guy who could go tackle or guard and then one pure guard like wilson

TD, are you changing your OL stance. Last week you were saying 5. I see it only took one week for you to agree with me. :lol:

Actually, I think we will take 4 OL. 2 pure OT's, 1 pure OG and one swing guy. I still think that. Although, it could just as easily be 5 guys on the OL. It could go either way but my bet is on 4.

TD, are you changing your OL stance. Last week you were saying 5. I see it only took one week for you to agree with me. :lol:

Actually, I think we will take 4 OL. 2 pure OT's, 1 pure OG and one swing guy. I still think that. Although, it could just as easily be 5 guys on the OL. It could go either way but my bet is on 4.

There's still some Qb's that are out there! :shock:

Guest VagasFerguson44

There's a little too much "swinging" and "going both/either way" talk for my comfort in that last post by Broke.

Guest TDJesus3

Broke i have to say u were right, i figured a complete line to make up for depth but everything ive been hearing says they would like to get four of the guys offered and be done with it...we have a very good shot at miller, ziemba, romine, and wilson. That would be unreal. Plus by taking four they leave themselves schollie room on D.

Broke i have to say u were right, i figured a complete line to make up for depth but everything ive been hearing says they would like to get four of the guys offered and be done with it...we have a very good shot at miller, ziemba, romine, and wilson. That would be unreal. Plus by taking four they leave themselves schollie room on D.

I think it is VERY possible that our 2007 OL recruits are, as you said, Miller, Ziemba, Romine and Wilson.