Sukay talks about ND visit!

Guest Hejduk23

Guest Hejduk23

There is a story over on the PSU Rivals site where Sukay talks about his ND visit over the weekend. Can someone with a Rivals membership give us the jist of the article?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

its the same one that was on irish illustrated a few days ago...he really didnt say anything other than he liked ND more than he expected he would

however, i think dd has come to a majority consenus that sukay will pick psu

Guest DCIrish

While you never know, his comments taken together would suggest a PSU commit. If he said that he liked his visit more than he expected, it would seem he did not have too much of favorable impression of him to begin with. I.E. He was just checking it out to solidfy his PSU lean...

I've always liked this kid since I saw him on film. I really think he will be a great player and can be used in countless ways. His hands and route running are probably unrivaled by what I've seen this year of others.

I want a speed receiver (Thompson), a tall one for red zone (Kumara) and an all-around Benn. Sukay would fill my final category and that is the go-to guy like Samardjiza. Not the best in any category, but a guy you know will not drop it on 3rd and 7.

Let's hope he changes his lean and reconsiders. We need some good news after Tyler, Reardon and the fact that Austin's ship seems to be sailing...

Guest TDJesus3

i would much rather only take 3 wr's especially if their kumara, benn and little, with the only 4th i would take is either brooks or thompson, brooks because he could be a corner and thompson because hes a speed demon, otherwise i would much rather use that schollie on another position, we took a good group last year and to add a few studs this year really provides alot of depth at the wr, any more than 3 or 4 would be overkill and really hurt our recruiting at other positions

Hey I'm a new poster...I agree TD, we got a couple good wideouts last year with Jackson, a speedy Gallup, and a big target in Parris. With Kamara, most likely Benn, and either Brooks or Thompson we should be set for this class. After hearing Greg Little's Irish Eye's Power Hour it also sounds like we've got a great shot at him. Does anyone think he'll play anything other than receiver? I have been hearing a lot of positives and negatives about his abilities at that position.

He could potentially play LB which is what scout has him listed as. CW, I believe, is recruiting him as a WR, but if that doesn't pan out(i've heard his hands aren't great) CW will turn him into a LB or give him a shot at RB.

Welcome NDFan3

Guest TDJesus3

welcome NDFan3...i like him as a linebacker but we may not need him their, hes a great athlete, and im sure he will make a fine reciever, he seems like a gamer and whereever you put him he will excel

Guest SirJohn

Hey!!! NDfan3 Hi, and welcome to the board. I am not too sure of littles abilities either in that slot. What's your opinion?

Thanks for the welcoming. I also think that Little has the potential to become a real player at a number of different positions. From what I have read he seems to have a great upside, but I have also read that his hands and route running skills are a big question.

Guest DCIrish

I agree with the overall sentiment here that by recruiting "athletes," you are maximizing your options.

Little, who is more of a RB in high school, would probably make a great LB. His receiving skills are not refined. As mentioned previously, he "rounds" his routes and does not have great hands. However, you cannot teach athleticisim and he would probably develop into a great receiver down the pike.

However, I really think his future is at LB. Courtney Watson is a guy that always comes to mind. A great RB in high school, but he turned out to be a good LB. His paychecks now come from the NFL.

Little could be a phenom at LB IMO. That athleticism will serve him very well at a WLB a la Corey Mays. Speed, size and athleticism usually does....

Remember Holtz was great at this. He turned Pat Terrel, Jeff Burris and others into great DBs. Whether your in little league or the NFL, everyone wants to be a QB, receiver or RB. However, that isn't always your best position.

Unrelated, what do you guys think of Paul Wilso? I saw very early film of him and was extremely impressed. I think schools are really laying off of him because he will most likely be drafted as a baseball player next Spring. He is very much like Sukay in that he runs VERY good routes and has great hands. A 4.5 in 40 at a combine aint too bad either. If we don't get Sukay, my hope for the "go to" receiver scholarship is Wilson. He is a good one and plays for powerhouse Lakeland in Florida. Again, I don't think we or anyone has much of a shot because of his pro baseball prospects....

Guest Svoboda

He's a lock for PSU from my source. His current girlfriend and sister goes to PSU as well, so there is added pressure for him to stay home.