HEre's what I think we should do...

Guest The Army Awakens

Guest The Army Awakens

Offer Hughes and have him commit while going after Caleb King if we don't get him, fine we still have Hughes but getting King would be like taking on a mission impossible task but if anyone can do it Charlie can... We need DT's somehow, but Charlie can do it.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Or we could get Hughes. Feed him nothing but crappy midwestern style pizza (mind I grew up on Long Island and know what real pizza tastes like). And lots of Krispy Kremes. For about two years. And then we could make Hughes into a DT. Forget that, he'll play RB on offense and DT on defense.

what we should do is just hold on for a sec or two, lol. Apparently Darren Evans has ND on the mind, and if Weis offered, who knows. He's right in ND's backyard, and he's a good back. Why not stay home and possibly win a NC, lol. This is what he says:

Michigan and Notre Dame both have great tradition. Michigan is like the football Mecca around here. And Notre Dame is the only school that has its own TV contract! Who wouldn't want to play for those guys? If I went to a school like Notre Dame, people would know me by the school I graduated from even if they didn't know I played football. If these two schools offered me--I would put them higher on my list.

"I'm going to major in criminology so I'd like a college that has a real criminology department. I want my family to feel comfortable with my decision and lastly, I'm looking for a school that has talent coming in, and an offensive coordinator with a winning philosophy.

"Like Charlie Weis from Notre Dame told me, 'It's not a decision for the next four years, it's for the next forty--the rest of your life.'"

Guest TDJesus3

i keep saying it have fun at mississippi state darren, he is pretty far down our rb list, hughes would have to turn us down for evans to get an offer IMO, i would doubt if michigan offered him either

Guest VagasFerguson44

Oh Scotty, you ought to see the world a little more before you speak. To think of the midwest as a haven for food other than brats and beer is a very simple-minded mistake. First of all, if you like deep dish there is a New York style called "sicillian" that blows Chi-deep dish away.

Secondly, there is a reason that New York is the ethnic food capital of the world. Because authentic people own and run ther restaurants. And trust me I've lived in both the midwest and New York. You go to an italian restaurant in Illinois and you find Swedes serving your food. You go to a Chinese food restaurant in Indiana and there isn't one asian working anywhere. You go to a Mexican restaurant in Wisconsin or Ohio...oh wait there are none (unless you count Chi Chi's and Don Pablos as real Mexican. And if you do I REALLY feel sorry for you.)

And as for Greek food. We'll the closest thing you'll find is a chicken caesar salad at Applebys.

I'll end with Jewish deli's. I don't think I met one Jew in the 10 years or so I spent in the Midwest. You guys don't even have deli's. The closest thing I found were New York Deli potato chips in the supermarket. And they had the name New York on the front of the bag.

There's a reason why for the first 20 years of my life while living on Long Island that I had never been to a Pizza Hut, Dominos, Taco Bell, or White Castle, Chi Chi's, Appleby's to name a few chains. We didn't have them. We had "mom and pop" restaurants owned and operated by immigrants who cooked authentic food.

Defintely off-topic, but, no one (and I mean NO ONE) will win an arguement favorably comparing Midwest food to New York/Long Island food. It's just disgustingly ignorant.

Now back to football!

Guest gallup21

guys, with a mom from St. Louis just ask her, she says she wishes she wasn't brough up in the midwest, she had hot dogs for dinner almost everynight

but in my mind, ill take either, just gimme pizza :D

Guest kramer116

Vagas, clearly you have never ventured over to Greek Town in Chicago on the way to the UC or been in any of the neighborhoods throughout the city that are as ethnically diverse as any in New York. Il never argue for the rest of the midwest, but Chi stands up to any when it comes too food- just come and check out the Taste next month. And 'sicilian' style is all over, it doesn't just come from NY.

Guest SirJohn

Hey kramer welcome (recipe time :lol: )

:evil: Sicilain? Wether deep dish or not.

Thin Neapolitan style made with semonila flour flour on a Pizza stone with wood fire. This Ain't chain driven Pizza hut oven folks :D

i got down to the end of the tread and i dont know what the topic is. i am just hungry now. now that i am here no one can touch california's mexican food. i have a buddy from st louis and he could not believe what real mexican food tasted like. he mentioned chicis or what ever the hell its called. just ask el senor domer he was washing dishes last night at the resturant. jk el senor.

I've seen St. Louis mentioned a few times in this thread so let me throw some credit their way. If you like Italian food be sure to check out an area of St. Louis called the Hill. Neat little area of St.Louis. All Italian restaurants and stores, all within an Italian neighborhood. The food is up there with the Italian section of Boston when it comes to Italian food.

South Bend has a really good Italian Restaurant. I haven't had anything except Pizza there though. When you guys are there for a game try (it's always packed on game weekends) to get there. It's called Rocco's. Some of you have probably heard of it.