Why don't we...

Guest The Army Awakens

Guest The Army Awakens

Why don't we just find out who Clausen now wants at running back since he's known for a week or probably a whole lot longer... He should have a pretty good idea of which one he wants now... Good luck to Tyler at USC (It might get a little weird when Benn comes visits Clausen with the SC commit around, thats funny)... see ya every year from here on out... I have faith that we will find a running back someone wants to take an opportunity at this with Weis and company plus isn't that what a real domer is someone who has faith through adversity... We are facing some w/ a couple of need areas we will pull through Trust Weis and his masterful plan on recruiting just like his playbook...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Army Awakens

Wasn't saying that we should hand the team over to Clausen and if you read what I said I said I had faith in Charlie... READ B4 u speak.

Guest TDJesus3

the only need area we have is DT, every other position is just fine and this class will fill in without a worry

worry about DT, don't worry about running back

Guest TDJesus3

yea i think top 5 easy, we will be close to the top spot with texas, and don't tell me USC i don't see it yet, you should lose points when all u do is stockpile average qb's and overload your running back position

Guest loweND
the only need area we have is DT...

I think Aldridge's status is making RB a fairly important priority. What if this injury becomes more serious? If we could pull a rabbit out of a hat and get a difference-maker at RB, like say Caleb King - it would do a whole lot to secure our running back depth in the future.

Agree that DT should be our number one priority. Followed by DE. But I think getting a top-line running back should be fairly high on the priority list.

there is nothing wrong with james alridge, his knee is fine. he is not going to start over DW and TT, he might see some garbage time in the second half of the season. he wont contribue until next year or the year after. we could not draft a single running back this year and be perfectly fine. this class will be one for the records. everyone on this site worries too much excect TD, Broke, and Chiro. just rest assure that our fate is in Gods oops i mean charlies hands.

i think we do need another couple of RBs to fill the stable.. I don't think we can afford to have no RB recruits this year. In two years, TT & DW are gone. Plus extra fresh legs are always good to have at this position.

Paskorz could always compete at RB.

Anyway... i say bring 2 or 3 between RB & FB.

Hughes, Allen, King, Tate... all sound good to me. No matter who comes in, CW will leverage their talents and tweak his scheme and make it seem like we always got the talent we wanted. :D :D :D

Guest VagasFerguson44

I agree with the sentiment that we always need to sign at least one if not two RBs every year. If for no other reason than they are usually the most versatile players on the team. This allows them to switch to various other positions and the staff to alleviate depth issues internally to the team.

But, assuming Aldridge recovers and lives up to expectations, we will be three deep with Schmidt, Prince and Aldridge for the next 3-4 years. I don't think you all realize how good Prince and Schmidt will be. You get Schmidt a year or more under Mendoza's strength and speed training and this guy will be better than Mike Alstott was in college.

And as good as everyone thinks Aldridge will be, Prince will be even better. Mark my words. We will have three legitimate starters when TT and DW leave.

So I really don't that RB is as critical this year as many of you think. DW and TT are not good enough to jump to the NFL after this year (especially with the likes of those RBs that will be in the 2007 draft).

Next year will be a critical year for RB recruiting.

Guest TDJesus3

guys i wasnt saying don't sign any running backs, i was saying don't worry charlie will have it filled just fine

the only area of any concern is DT, and i only say that because i can't really see who we are going to land

Austin - unlikely

Barkesdale - maybe (but vagas and others have been saying no)

Blackwell - likely (but hes from the south, so lsu is always in it)

Wade - if his offer ever shows up we got a good shot

McCray - if this decommitment and his sentiment is true, then maybe

there just all question marks and their is another group but they havent gotten offers so either something is up we havent heard about or their just slow in DT recruiting

otherwise yes, we will land a couple of backs and they will be good ones, and stop with the Aldridge injury, it has been confirmed by broke and others, he is not injured, he is fine, he just won't be seeing the field for approximately the first half of the season

Guest NDLawJAG

I agree that it is always great to get a couple RBs, but it is not a critical area. If on the odd chance we got no skilled position players we would be ok. The lines were/are the critical areas for this year.

Both starting DE are graduateing and last years recruist were ok but I would not bet on them being difference makers right away. Now we look to ok in this area... Neal will likely be the difference maker we need in pass rush situations.

DT is clearly the #1 priority... We need players that can compete as freshmen.

If we took no OL this year we would be dead... We would not even be two deep at every position. We need another banner OL class or we are in trouble.

As far as skill positions go, we need a couple gamebreaker WRs. Thankfully, that looks like almost a sure thing.

Guest The Army Awakens

Was thinking with Allen you have a versatile back that catch the ball out of the backfield and make moves something Charlie wants so is he still going to go after anyone else if we get Hughes... Allen maybe the guy and it seems that Miami will have a similar running back commit soon so it seems he may get out of Florida.

On Nov. 25th the balance of the entire college football world will shift in a direction never seen before... Are you ready? Go Irish!!!

I also think the OL is critical... there's just such a gaping hole in depth.

I think DT is interesting... I would like to Monsters... I think the quality of the DT determines how quickly we can move to a 3-4 style defense. It seems the emphasis for D Recruiting is on big speedy guys that can play both OLB or DE.

Would like Austin (as a physical speciman), but wonder whether he'd react well to the team chemistry CW is cultivating.

Wade, Barkesdale, Blackwell & D'A McCray... which are the top two that would best suit a 3-4?

Guest Kgreene2343

Wow, I've never seen the pound symbol used to represent pounds.

Schmidt won't matter for runningback, because he will be switched to fullback. He is too much of a bruiser and would be too good at blocking to pass up the postion change. Although a Caleb King-type player would be great, I would be fine getting the 3* player that just wasn't uncovered by the recruiting analysts, ala Darius Walker.