Ian Williams

IrishGuy

Article on Scout says he is waiting on an ND offer...

Defensive tackle Ian Williams of Longwood, Fla., has nearly 30 scholarship offers and is leaning toward the in-state Florida Gators. However, the 6-foot-1, 300-pounder is still hoping for an offer from Notre Dame. The Irish coaching staff has requested a copy of his transcripts and if all goes well, Williams won't be waiting much longer. Could Notre Dame pull a recruiting upset?

Is this just hot air, or do you think we have a shot?

http://notredame.rivals.com/noaccess.asp?SID=961&script=/content.asp&CID=553155

with a few action sequences. Looks to be a good athlete but what really struck me was that in the interview, he was so poised, humble, self deprecating and based on some of the discussion, I think ND goes right up to the leader group for his services...just seems like a really solid kid

• 3 weeks later...

Well according to Scout, Williams has received his offer from ND.

“Coach Parmalee said they got my transcripts and said they wanted to offer me,” Williams said of his recent offer from the Irish. “I spoke with coach Weis and he said he was really interested in me and that they wanted me up there. About two or three days later I go the offer sheet in the mail.

“[Coach Weis] came down to visit me in the spring so I had a quick chance to say hello, but I finally got a chance to talk with him about two

or three days ago and got a chance to get to know what he is really like"

He says he wont make his decision until after the season but he knows for sure that he'll take officials to Florida and ND.

As a junior Williams had 83 tackles, 23 for a loss, 12 quarterback hurries, four forced fumbles, two sacks, four passes broken up, and four fumbles recovered.

Sounds like a could who can get into the backfield and disrupt the offense.

Guest johnchampion

He's good, but he looks like another academic "tweener."

Gotta think that Florida will be tough to beat.