Armando Allen / Caleb King

Guest rileypt

Guest rileypt

By reading through various posters opinions/knowledge from varying boards, it appears that the U is not recruiting Allen at all, essentially. The 'Canes chose a kid named Easterling instead I guess. General consensous now is that it is down to UGA and Tenn, with us as a third option. Anyways, could the commitment of Allen to UGA put us in good favor with King? Would King going to UGA pit us versus Tennessee for Allen? What are our chances with these guys? I would love either one of them with Hughes, or possibly Tyler (will find out soon).

I have no idea of what may happen, but really hope we find our speed-Munir Prince-type back. It seems that we have the thunder in the bag with Hughes ready to commit with an offer- but what is going to happen on the other side?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With those two guys gone, what are we going to do? go after Tate and offer him, or persue Jones harder. Those 2 are very versatile and we should get both of them for this reason, not to mention Tate's stats are amazing even if it's against weak competition. You don't get 2000 rushing and 1000 recieving without some premier talent.

Guest loweND

Maybe some of the more connected guys on this board could shed some light on something for me: why does nobody ever mention Joe McKnight when it comes to RB recruiting? I read an article about a week ago about how this guy was getting serious consideration as being the number 1 recruit in the entire class. Probably a bit exaggerated - but still speaks to the talent level. I've also heard that he rarely talks to the media, so nobody really knows where he's leaning.

It does sound, though, like ND has a shot - especially since Haywood is recruiting him - and Haywood is VERY connected down in Louisiana. Anybody have any more info?

Guest TDJesus3

because we didnt make his top three

his top three are USC, LSU, and FSU

he likely will end up at USC with his boy luther davis

Guest rileypt

Ahhh.. I forgot about Tate. I think Tate has a great deal of potential but I am still a little skeptical of him. Not because of the talent evaluator who criticized his skills and competition, but because CW hasn't extended him an offer. Now maybe in CW's mind Tate is only a tad back behind Allen and if so, then lets go get him if we need to- but could Tate not be too high in CW's head? I want Charlie's guys.

Guest NDLawJAG

Actually he would be a recruit in this class if he got his grades up... Larry Fitzgerald did the one year at prep school before going to Pitt.

He could commit anywhere, he is not bound to Miami.

Guest loweND

Thanks for the info TDJesus, even though it's not good news. Although, maybe Tyler picks USC and we recruit the hell out of him and get back in the race.

because we didnt make his top three

his top three are USC, LSU, and FSU

he likely will end up at USC with his boy luther davis

I gotta agree with you TD---up until you said USC. I think McKnight is LSU bound. no facts though. just my 2 pennies.

Guest NDLawJAG

I agree about USC... he likes USC, his girlfriend lives out there. I hate to say it but I would not be suprised if he was a silent verbal after his last trip out there. I think Bowden is our best shot at luring him away USC.

I really liked this kid but I do not see it in the Cards.

Guest DCIrish

I wonder if ND has any more connections to McKnight in Lousiana? He is from the same hometown as ND great Michael Stonebreaker. Perhaps he could lean on him some?? I know it helps.

Guest SunshineState

Allen appears to be more of a UGA/UF battle. I don't see Tennessee in there as much. I think Florida could land him.

Guest SunshineState

UGA could get him. If anything I think they are the favorite. However UGA is also looking to get Allen and it sounds like Allen really likes coach Meyer. He spent almost an entire week at UF on an unofficial visit.

Rainey is a very good players as well but he can play WR/CB/RB. I see him more as a slot WR/RB on some plays. I view him more in a Reggie Bush type of roll with Allen being a more true RB.

Guest VagasFerguson44

LeSean McCoy was asked by Miami to go out and kill somebody and traffic at least 1000 pounds of cocaine before he would be allowed to enroll at "Duh? U"! Okay, I'm kidding...I think.