Irish Stock Report

irishdread

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sell on Little. They say he was interested but is a long shot to leave the south. It also says that ND will more than likely get one of his official visits. Coach Lewis is recruiting him hard, and they say generally that means good things.

Guest DCIrish

Wow. That is not good. If we could get 2 of 3 with Ziemba, Miller and Wilson I would be overjoyed.

In a perfect world, I really want 2 great, athletic guards. Wilson is the one I want most. After seeing his game film, all I can say is incredible.

Ok, now for the reason I posted. This will sound stupid, but what is the Irish Stock Report? Is it on-line? Something requiring a subscription or is it free?

Irrespective, what are the reasons that Miller is sliding. It seems to me like our chances have really improved. He narrowed it to just us and Colorado. While we already knew he is a Colorado lean, to make that final two helps. It's a long time to Feb. Remember Sam Young?

Also, I thought we were getting a 5 day camp/2 day unofficial from Wilson? It seems to me like I would want to buy that stock.

Ziemba seems very tight-lipped, but having Bartley Webb sign on from Arkansas would help.

I will agree that Little has seemed a long shot all along. You never know however..

Guest TDJesus3

miller is a hold, hes not sliding, i think they put that when they don't have any new news, plus miller is down to us and CU, its a hold because at this point if they said buy it would essentially mean he verbed, thats how high miller's stock was. I would not worry

Guest DCIrish

Sorry to sound like a pessimist tonight, but I'm a bit leery of some of last year's signees.

I liked what I saw of Carufel on film, but according to several people, Lemming included, he really did not live up to his billing at the AA game and was schooled by a number of DLs. This is from a guy who loved Carufel. Webb did not receive very good reviews either.

Let's face it, this was only one week of practice. While true both will benefit from the Strenght and Conditioning program, those guys will most likely have to start RIGHT AWAY in 2007. The cupboard is completely bare depth-wise thanks to Willingham. The only scholarship guys remaining, I think, would be Duncan, Turkovich and Sullivan. Other than Sullivan, we have a very thin line in the near future.

That's why I think the 2007 class is critical. We need at least 2 or 3 no-brainers who can play right away. From what I have seen, Wilson and Miller can play right off.

Keep workin' Weis!!

DC, not to be a smart ass but pick your talent evaluator:

1. Tom Lemming

2. Charlie Weis

Ok, maybe there was some sarcasm there. But, I'll choose Charlie.

So....you're saying that based off the numbers that the Chuckinator is the shizzle? :lol:

Guest TDJesus3

well said broke,

lemming is a hack

weis is the man

ill take weis's opinon, otherwise you would end up with the all-illinois team

Guest NDLawJAG

I think Ol over any other position has alot to do with coaching. You need a good strength coach, we have a great one. You need OL coach that can develop players, jury is out but it looks good.

That being said, I think OL depth is crucial because you never know what three star player will develop better than what five star sure thing.

Guest DCIrish

No offense taken Broke. As stated many times previously, you are one of the main guys I "listen" to on DD along with TDJesus3 and Chiro.

That said, I would not underestimate Lemming's analysis on Carufel and Webb. The reason I say that is that he has seen a ton of film and witnessed them in person against great competition.

Weis forgot more about football yesterday than Lemming will ever know. However, Lemming does follow these guys all over the place because that is what he does and nothing else.

Does Lemming know more about Carufel and Webb than Weis from an evaluation standpoint. Of course not. However, he did witness them on film and against the best at the AA game. I loved what I saw of Carufel on film. But he did not play well in the AA game and was not up to snuff against the big boys in the AA game practices. Webb was a total non-factor and Stewart needs to address his weight issues in short order.

My overall point is that we cannot be complacent with last year's OL haul. I really hope for 3 signees of Young's caliber who you know will be as good as advertised.

As Paterno (a curse word on this board) once said about recruits, "a third are as good as advertised, a third develop into contributors and the final third fall off the face of the earth." Is his word the gospel? No. But I think it does ring true that many recruits will not pan out.

In our case, whether they work out or not is idle talk next year because come hell or high water they have to play. Depth will dictate that. Because of that, I want guys who will play at a high level from the start. Ryan Harris, Aaron Taylor, Mike Rosenthal and a few others did and we'll need some signees to do the same, not ones that are taken to town by AA guys who they'll meet up with on Saturdays on ND's schedule.

Guest TDJesus3

the one think i think is very true, is when you see them in high school you are looking at potential, just look at webb, he is in phenomenal shape now, nothing like what he was in high school, he had a ton of upside, sure he may have been out played in the AA game, but its about how hard you work and how much the coaches get out of your potential, i really think careful and webb have huge upside and the staff will get every drop out of it, they loved both of them and offered them very early

i will say this you are dead on about needing some high caliber kids in this class, depth is important and you can never have to many big time lineman, i really feel like saying young's caliber is hard to reach your talking the top 1 or 2 lineman in the country...the only ones of that caliber in my opinon are ogelsby (who unfortunately we missed out on) and Miller...so if you want a bookend of youngs caliber root for miller...but there are other very talented players out there we are in very good shape with including ziemba and romine, along with wilson on the interior, i like stroter, i know hes out of shape and very raw, but hes nasty and he loves ND i think one year on mendozas plan and he will be a monster

however, DC i would not worry about the o-line recruiting, weis has shown he can get the big boys, i really think you will see 3 or 4 big names and 1-2 on stroters level...and if you listen to lemming stroter is as good as anyone in his eyes, so we will see...i really think this class is taking shape and everyone's worries will be settled by the time the season starts, there are guys close to committing or guys who are already on board just waiting to announce, it will all work out just fine

Guest kramer116

When I was at the Rutgers baseball game watching the Shark I was standing next to Konrad, Mo Richardson, and Carufel and to be honest MC looked like a bit of slob and not strong at all. I know none of that matters at this point, but the other two just looked like beasts and Mo Richardson looks like hes gonna be a beast. Also, I think that Stewart will be fine, he came in at 394 and was down to 365 by the end of spring. And that 394 number is definately right, trust me on this.

Guest TDJesus3

yea the one thing we can say about every guy on the ND football team, they will be in better shape than anyone they play against, Mendoza is a monster and he shapes these kids like no one ive ever seen

Guest NDLawJAG

The other thing to remember with Webb is that he came from a running program that really did not work on pass blocking. I think he was the first to admit that the AA game showed him that he needed to work on pass blocking. By next year he will be ready for that phase of the game.

I predict that four tackles will see alot of playing time, as will Stewart and Wegner (clean up role).