Myles Wade

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

Looks like an offer is on the way, coaches told him they wanted his transcripts so that they could offer, and guess what the kid had planned to decide between Oregon and Oregon state this week, however, now he is putting off his decision and taking some unofficials, what changed? ND is going to offer, he claims hes going to USC, ND, Oregon and Oregon state on unofficials, however, USC is not taking another DT, and ND is going to offer which means we are likely getting our first (if you don't think blackwell is a done deal) DT of this class sometime in the near future...i think once he recieves the offer officially it will be over, remember this kid has been basically begging to get an ND offer, and now its on the way

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont kno, i'm not too sure about this one. I read an article on Scout where he says that he would like to stay in the Pac 10

"I would like to stay in the Pac-10 like I've always been saying and my favorites Pac-10-wise are Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Cal and UCLA, outside the Pac-10 of course Colorado," said Wade. "Washington is talking about offering me late, (and if so) they'll be one of the last schools to offer me .

This whole defensive tackle thing has got me bugged. I just dont understand why they wait so long to offer these guys. If the depth at DT is my main concern, the first set of scholarships I would send out would be to DT's(other than JC).

Guest kramer116

The reason that Weis and staff are not doling out these scholarship offers is that they dont just want bodies for the sake of building up numbers. They have to orchestrate a balancing act between the elite guys that you have to wait on like Austin and Barksdale and those you have as second tier guys. That way they can get the committments when they want as well as leaving spots open down the line for a 5* caliber player. Anyway, I think that Wade would be a good get. Its nice to see or recruiting attracting kids from every corner of the country.

Guest NDLawJAG

Wade has been an enigma for me all season... He is preseason top 100 but is not getting the big time offers. Then he goes out and tears up the Oregon Nike Combine. I think Rivals said his SPARQ score was one of the highest by a lineman this year. Rivals, however, does not even list him in the top 250.

He is a big body that seems to be in great shape. I think he would be a great runclogger.

Guest rontdtarchala

I can't remember which of you said it but not to long ago the point was made that you need one to clog up the middle and one to blow up the middle that way you are not only stopping the run but you can then put pressure on the qb by collapsing the pocket. You must have a speed rush from the outsides and collapse the pocket from the middle....he can do that.

Guest NDLawJAG

Nice article on Rivals today. Talked about how he wanted to give back to the community so he is working with local athletes to help the paraolympics. He has a younger sister that has some issues. He got the idea of giving back to do this from the ESPN special on CW and Hannah.

This guy is really growing on me... his early comments seemed very selfcentered. His more recent comments really seem cetered around education and now giving back.

Guest DCIrish

He sounds like a pretty likeable guy. I really appreciate his efforts to give back, especially considering his sister has some deficits....

I'm not being insensitive to any of this, but from a pure football perspective, this kid needs some work. I've seen some of his film before and he is what I call a "catcher." By that I mean, that he absorbs the OL's blow, then reacts. Against Oregon high school players, that might work, but he will be blown into obilivion on the major college level.

Wade has the size. No question. However, his technique is really poor and I think it would be a while before he contributed. We need a big guy with who takes the fight straight ahead and disrupts a team's offensive scheme. IMO Wade is not that guy.

Man I don't see how the big fish don't see the great opportunity at ND from a depth perspective...I.E. If they sign, their gonna play early.

Guest kramer116

I have to believe that we are gonna be fine at the DT position. CW waited and got burned last year with the Lewis/McCoy situation. It won't happen again. We are gonna get enough players. Also, I think Wade's size is a good piece of versatility for us down the line with possibly switching to the 3-4 and using him as that run stuffer.

Guest kramer116

I also just want to say on my 12th post that I really enjoy this site and you guys have such consistently good information. Im a student at ND and Weis is my hero. Keep up the good work!

I also just want to say on my 12th post that I really enjoy this site and you guys have such consistently good information. Im a student at ND and Weis is my hero. Keep up the good work!

hope to see you on here more often Kramer.