Cubs ready to sign Irish WR Samardzija

el senor domer

Guest DCIrish

IMO, this is not good. Samardijza, if he is committed to football, should lift, run pass skeleton drills, etc. over the Summer with the rest of the team. I read an article recently where he says that "playing catch" over the Summer with Quinn was invaluable to their timing, confidence in one another....

It is his decision. I just wish that he would wait until after football season.

Guest JerseyDomer

Not a chance in hell Samardzija doesn't play football for the Irish. Peter Gammons was saying the other night the contract would be a 5 yr $8million, all basically back loaded, with a $500,000 signing bonus. For Jeff not to sign would be assinine IMO. He'd be able to play his Sr. yr and even if, God forbid he goes down with an injury, he'd still have a decent amount of money and wouldnt have to worry about taking out a Lloyds of London insurance policy just incase something were to happen to him on the football field injury wise.

Gammons then said he'll be just like john Lynch from the Broncos and stick with football. Supposedly Lynch was an excellent pitcher as well, per Gammons.

El Senor thats true but I'm sure he knows without one more year of football many pro teams will pass over him dropping his draft status in the NFL. Remember he really only has 12 games of college experience under his belt. I know he is not but some may consider him a 1 year fluke come draft day.

Guest JerseyDomer

He won't be considered a 1 year fluke come draft day, he's still got this year to put up crazy stats with the Brady.