Florida receiver silent verbal to Irish

chirodomer

Alright guys. I'm eating out last night at a sushi bar in the Indianapolis area and I run in to a ND grad that I happen to see on occasion. He stated " I hear we got a verbal from one of the top WR's out of Florida". I told him that I hadn 't heard that one. He said he heard it this week. So start checking with your guys. I have a call in to mine. Let's see who we landed.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what i was thinking, the only sole Florida receiver we've offered is Deonte Thompson. If he decided to give CW a verbal this early would be a big surprise to everyone. His speed is ridiculous, and he's the type of athlete we need to stretch the field. Whether he's a true freshman or a senior, you have to respect his speed. Thats something we havent had in a long time.

Guest TDJesus3

im not so sure its a huge suprise we've seen weis land big fish and get silents before they go public, careful last year for one, and benn this year for another, but the suprise is we thought he stayed in flordia, but if weis tells u that he can develop you into a star wr...and trust me thompson is very raw, then maybe you go with that...

please if u have sources look into this, i trust chiro, but even his one on this occasion is kind of a second hand source...great find though chiro

Well, we will see. Like I said. I had not heard it yet. So this guy may have something we don't. He appears to be a pretty serious booster though. Seaon ticket holder since the days that the late JC walked the earth. Always rolling up in his Mercedes and sporting the expensive ND golf gear. I don't know why he would BS me. I hope it's true. Deonte would be a TREMENDOUS asset.

Its not Deonte Thompson, I talk to Richard Jackson on Myspace, and he told me that he's been hearing that Deonte is a Hurricane. It kinda makes more sense because Damien Berry is Thompsons cousin and he verballed to miami last week. It would be nice if this was wrong but, Jackson is in Florida he would hear before anyone else ??

Guest The Army Awakens

The visit thing kind of scares me but more ND boosters in the south keep hearing that he is a silent verbal that isn't the first I've heard of it but just kept denying it well if others are hearing this too then its gotta be true...

Benn, Thompson, and Kumara wow... amazing

Guest rontdtarchala

As I have stated previously gentlemen, I don't know squat compared to you. So I hover over this site for new news....All I can say is....Please some one put out the news tenicles and get the skinny on this one...I think my nipples got hard on this one (hahaha...hope I didn't offend, I am aware of the caliber we try to keep on this site). I don't know what I'll do if we land the top DT's we are hopeing for!!!

This would be a huge pickup. He has the speed we need. What I'm worried about is the DT situation...i wish it was news that Austin had silent, but i was hoping for this guy so I really hope it's true. If it is, then our WR is set for this class.

Guest Champion10

There are 6 receivers he could be talking about.

1. Richard Jackson- he could be refering to mr. Jackson who was in last years

recruiting class

2.Deonte Thompson-We have offered him and he is one of the top WR in the nation but he hasnt visited yet.

3.Dion Lecorn-I think we may have offered him???? but we are not near the top of his list(USC east and Florida)

4.Alphonso Byrant-he is a very good receiver from Florida but has never mentioned ND.

5.Leonard Hankerson- from the same school as Sam Young and Daniel Wegner. He has some interest in ND but no offer....yet

6.Paul Wilson- a speed receiver from Lakeland, he does not have an offer.

Guest SirJohn

Hankerson is in a Parochial school correct? Easier for my source to run these down, given i use Church contacts. How many are Parocial players? Can be as sure as Ragonne source if i knew.

Guest VagasFerguson44

The only other guy that this could be is Paul Wilson from Lakeland, FL. And I'm sure he doesn't have an offer yet (at least it is not public knowledge, if he does). He is the only WR from FL that is even listed as having interest in ND. I know I read about 4 months ago that ND would be his first choice if he received an offer. Form what I heard, he is a pretty quick guy but definitely a 2nd (possibly 3rd) tier WR. Not likely that it is Paul Wilson.

So, that leads me to WISHFULLY think that it is DT. I know DT thinks very highly of Jimmy Clausen.

But, after reading the posts in this thread again, I am betting that the guy is talking about Richard Jackson.

Guest JerseyDomer

WOW! I don't check the board on the weekends really at all, and I do today and see this post. That would be incredible if true, pure raw speed, CW would turn him into a stud. Hopefully this is true and we can get more info. If not that's cool, with what we will be getting at WR is tremendous already, but to add Deonte would be something really special.