darrin walls and munir prince jersey #

foreverirish34

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

:) Welcome Irishdread. Your never intruding. Jump in we need all views.

I myself wouldn't know. I do know the NFL rules on #'s which is why Reggie Bush can't have #5. Then there's a story in archives on this where, college guys pull off jerseys with one # to replace it with another jersey # to cause confusion.

Paul Hornung was #5 in NFL cause he was at first a QB, before going to HB so retained that #

Anyone remember when a Center on the Raiders named I think Ringo sported 00? :lol:

It wasn't Ringo but Jim OttO that wore number 00 as center for the Raiders when Kuharich walked the sidelines for ND. (He was still wearing it when Kuharich walked the sidelines for the Eagles.)

Guest SirJohn

Oh Yep Otto. (Wrong topic, been with orazi and, era masterson earp :lol: Rhingold 'took the gold out of my name and left me with nothing.') Can't have 00 as I understand it now.

... Can't have 00 as I understand it now.

No you can't. And you couldn't in the NFL or the AFL back then either. Otto and the Raiders got a waiver from the AFL for his number. It apparently was one of the marketing gimmicks that the AFL owners used back in the early days to create media coverage.

Not sure about that one, i think its always been 8 for Jabbie, but i could be wrong. Thanks for the welcome guys, and now that i've found a ND forum to my liking, I will definitely be on regularly.

Maybe the whole time i was thinking of Parrish. I don't know why I always thought that it was Jabbie.