Marc Tyler

theshark08

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrislw35

Your guess is correct, ND and USC. I would be shocked if ND gets him. I am 90% sure he is a trojan. Hopefully my gut feeling is wrong. Go Irish

Whay would he go there!? They don't need him. they have a whole stable full of RB talent that most won't even see the field. If this is how he's going to get out from the shadow of Clausen then he might as well stay in there. He is going to be behind so many more guys.

Guest DCIrish

While true there are a ton of RBs in front of him at USC, there is always room at the top. I.E., if he is as good as advertised, then he will play.

I do not like the feeling on this either. His flip flop after the Spring game, California ties, living in Clausen's shadow, etc. make me believe he will be a Trojan.

It would be huge to get him. However, it does not look very good. IMO, it does not look so great with others either. Hopefully some things will change.

As I've always said, I would take Young, Miller, Wilson, Little and Wenger before any RB. If we put together an awesome line, it won't matter who is carrying the load.

While true there are a ton of RBs in front of him at USC, there is always room at the top. I.E., if he is as good as advertised, then he will play.

I do not like the feeling on this either. His flip flop after the Spring game, California ties, living in Clausen's shadow, etc. make me believe he will be a Trojan.

It would be huge to get him. However, it does not look very good. IMO, it does not look so great with others either. Hopefully some things will change.

As I've always said, I would take Young, Miller, Wilson, Little and Wenger before any RB. If we put together an awesome line, it won't matter who is carrying the load.

that was good post.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Here is a glimpse into the future:

MT goes to USC. Red-shirts next year. Sits the bench as the 3rd or possibly 4th back for his non-redshirt freshman and sophomore year. Decides to transfer to Fresno State. Does alright for a couple years. Goes into the NFL draft after his senior year. Does not get selected. Pick up as a free-agent. Never catches on with a team.

Quite frankly, I don't think his future would be much better at ND. Instead of the 3rd or 4th RB, he'd be the 2nd or 3rd.

Let the young man make the decision that suits him best. We got bigger and better fish to catch.

Rock on! Go Irish!

Who knows who is at top. Tyler doesn't know. He doesn't know how good these other guys are. other than they are 5 star guys. Why would a kid want to take a chance against 4 guys that are rated just as high as he is. and they have a year of experience in the system on him.

Guest TDJesus3

everyone knows where i stand on tyler, i love him as a player, probably more than all of you, and i despite this swell for him being usc, im not buying, he could end up there but i don't buy that he has already verbed, he may go there and if he does ill wish him all the best i just think when d-day hits next week he will be irish...its possible ill be wrong, and vagas that would mean your right but on this one im still disagreeing with you and all the rest of you who think hes a trojan, ill take my beating for being wrong if i am, im just not sold yet

TD....I'm with you (for what little it's worth). I'm betting on Sukay to PSU though.

It seems like CW is orchestrating some of these announcements. It's about time for the next one to occur (but not two at the same time).

The way I figure ... an average of two announcements per month over the summer will keep the excitement at a high going into the season. That still leaves room for some big announcements to occur in Feb.

Guest TDJesus3

he qualified for ND, thats all i got to say about his grades if he is running from hard classes that says something about USC and him, but i don't buy it

everyone knows where i stand on tyler, i love him as a player, probably more than all of you, and i despite this swell for him being usc, im not buying, he could end up there but i don't buy that he has already verbed, he may go there and if he does ill wish him all the best i just think when d-day hits next week he will be irish...its possible ill be wrong, and vagas that would mean your right but on this one im still disagreeing with you and all the rest of you who think hes a trojan, ill take my beating for being wrong if i am, im just not sold yet

I love your optimism. I never said he was a Trojan, but that seems to be the consensus around here. I'm not throwing my hat in either direction just yet.

Guest JerseyDomer

If his grades were in question previosuly, I remember back reading/hearing he would have to get his grades up to be able to get in ND. If that's true and he now is capable of getting into ND grade wise that means he worked to get his grades up, if he worked hard to do that it was for one thing and one thing only and that was to get into ND. I could be wrong, hopefully I'm not.

TD, just going by what MF said, the download is available if you haven't checked it out yet. I really question why he's deciding now, a while back he was an ND lean, was down to 3 schools, then he reopened it up as an SC lean, still wanted to take visits (Mich if I recall correctly) and is now ready to commit. I still feel that he will end up a Bruin, I don't care if he chooses SC next week, I feel that he's a high risk of decommiting. Since grades ARE an issue as a highschooler, why would he want to come to ND if eligibility is a ? IMO his top 2 are UCLA and SC.

Guest TDJesus3

ok a couple of things, i know what mf said and i dont buy it, i think he was reaching for something to try to explain the story change

secondly, Tyler has stated its ND or USC, not ucla, I repeat since you didn't read it his final two are ND and USC

the smart money is on USC now, but its not an academic thing, if he picks them its based on likeing them not school, i truely think frank was just trying to explain the flip flop in the stories...my money is still on ND, but the smart money is on USC, if you want to bet UCLA we will gladly take your money because they didn't make his final two

TD, I read it, dont buy it. IMO he's nowhere near knowing what he wants to do, he has too many people telling him where to go. Sounds like he wants his recruiting to end. Although UCLA is not in his top 2, I think he will go SC next week and decommit in the fall.