Running Back Offers

Guest NDLawJAG

Guest NDLawJAG

Here is a consolidated list of rankings for the RB we have offered. Nice to see four of the five are consensus top 100s.

Scout Rivals ESPN

1) Caleb King 5* (10) 5* (4) 87

2) Marc Tyler 5* (6) 5* (22) 91

3) Joe McKnight 5* (20) 5* (14) 84

4) Armando Allen 4* (82) 4* (34) 80

5) Gerald Jones NR NR 83

The rankings consist of the star rating followed by the players rank in the top 100. The ESPN ranking is based on their system, JC is the top player at 92. I intentionally left of Bradley Stephens because he is committed elsewhere. If I left anyone else off please let me know.

Guest TDJesus3

Mcknight hasnt committed but ND isn't in his top three and i think he is going to end up at USC with his buddy luther davis

King likely ends up at Georgia, but the staff has been making a move on him lately, hopefully they can get him up here for a visit

Tyler, lots of disagreement about him, trend seems to think he is USC's but i do not know how thats going to work, there are so many backs there and guys like mcknight and others are on their radar too, i still am picking tyler to suprise some people and come to ND but we will see

Allen, ive been an allen fan for awhile, and im one of the few on this board who think we have a serious shot with him, he will visit and i think once he comes up here were in the ball game, he has a really good head on his shoulders and with rainey going to flordia that leaves us fighting Miami and FSU

I like Jones, but i do not think we are going to play him at rb

Don't forget about hughes, im not sure whats up with his grades, but weis has been living in chicago lately, u have to think he has been up there to see hughes and his grades, secondly if u want wilson root for hughes to make the cut, wilson is an nd lean now but you get hughes on board and you can seal that deal

I'm ok with the rb situation, you hate not to land a stud, especially since aldridge had surgery on his other knee, some speculation going on about whether it was just a scope or something more serious, there is a chance one way or the other that Aldridge may end up not seeing the field this year, not a big deal, and if he is healthy you have a horse for the next few years so if there is no 5 star stud in this class not a big deal, just have to make sure next year weis gets another 5 star guy

As long as Hughes qualifies. I would like to see him irish. I don't see the others going Irish. Allen goes FSU. You guys forget how much power Bobby Bowden has down there. Caleb will end up at Auburn. Tyler is trying to get out of jimmy's shadow. The others don't even redister in m y book. We are now National Champion U. If you aren't the best then go to OSU.

I believe that Allens father lives in GA so you really can't rule that our since Allen has lived there before.And i read that Allen was on a golf cart at UF this past weekend takeing a cruise around campus with Myer.

Guest NDLawJAG

I think Hughes and Gary Gray might be the next round of offers.... Looks like we will have a decision on Tyler next week. It is between his final two ND and USC.

If Tyler goes to USC, i expect that Hughes is plan B and would jump on an Irish offer. Just my speculation.

Guest loweND

I can't see McKnight going to USC, especially not if Tyler goes there as well. I think safe money would be on him going to LSU.

• 3 months later...
As long as Hughes qualifies. I would like to see him irish. I don't see the others going Irish. Allen goes FSU. You guys forget how much power Bobby Bowden has down there. Caleb will end up at Auburn. Tyler is trying to get out of jimmy's shadow. The others don't even register in my book. We are now National Champion U. If you aren't the best then go to OSU.

I stiil think this will be how it plays out. I watched the NFL the other night and the announcer siad that if you are a RB and want to go pro then go to Auburn. Even though our boy JB won the SB last year.

Guest Hejduk23

I know a lot of you were pissed that Tyler was recently moved ahead of Jimmy in the ratings. When you think about it, this might be a very good thing. There are rumblings that the Tyler/USC thing might not be a complete done deal yet. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Think about it. Everyone says, Tyler wants to get out of Jimmy's shadow. Well, maybe a great year where he is finally getting some respect above Jimmy is just what he needs. I doubt we steal him away from the condoms but you have to admit, it is intriguing!

I hope that's true, but I'm not sure USC would be stupid enough to tell Tyler before he actually signs his LOI next year, that he's destined for a LB spot. It seems that Tyler would immediately start looking elsewhere, unless of course he wants the LB spot, but I can't imagine that being the case. USC would almost be guaranteeing a Tyler bolt to someone else. I just don't get the logic behind telling Tyler that now when he's still in high school and ranked #1 at the RB spot.

Well, I can't tell you the logic, I can only repeat what I heard. Another interesting point that was made by the announcer is that LB's generally have longer careers thans RBs. They also mentioned Wendell having gone through injuries. Maybe it wasn't brought up by Carrol, maybe Marc had some questions that he wanted to ask about RB depth at SC. Either way, the smart move is to stay at RB, the kid is a beast!

Guest NDLawJAG

Alot of analyst thought that Tyler would make a better LB than running back... Rivals listed him as a LB on their all junior team but said that Tyler would only go where he had a chance to play RB. That was last spring so he might have changed his mind. SC is also loaded at LB.