Will Blackwell

Guest Champion10

Guest Champion10

Has anyone noticed on his scout profile he list us as high and the rest at Med of low? Do we actually lead for him?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

yea we are his clear leader, i believe he has even been quoted as saying it, theres been some speculation about him being a silent, i think we can safely say he will likely be irish

Guest NDLawJAG

I think his comment was fairly recent. It seems like he has been drifting our way for some time. I really like this kid. I thinkhe has tons of potential. I would love to pair him up with Barksdale or Austin.

He also may help out with Luther Davis who recently listed us in his top 7. A few weeks ago I thought we had no chance with Davis but things change.

Guest TDJesus3

as vegas likes to say about guys "Davis will not be irish"

Davis seems headed to USC, LSU or FSU, i think it will be USC but u never know

I like blackwell, not the most athletic guy, but very sound, and a hard worker, he would be a good addition at DT, he is below austin and barksdale, but above most the other guys on our list

I guess he grew up an ND fan and his grandfather always rooted for ND, its a big deal anytime you pull one of these kids from the south, i really hope he ends up irish

Broke's silence here is deafening.

Other guys on this board were on this much earlier than me and know more about it than me. I have nothing new to add to Blackwell news. Other than he would be a huge addition and provide some flexibility to the staff to wait out Austin and Barksdale. IMO, we need atleast 3 DTs. Trattou could be considered a 4th as a swing type of player.

Guest TDJesus3

good call broke, i think ur dead on with trattou being a 4th dt, he may be a large monster de or a smaller faster dt, but hes def not counting against adding 3 other dt's in this class

Guest JerseyDomer

I like the idea you guys have mentioned on Trattou at DT-faster/quicker DT. I don't know bout the rest of you guys, but Trattou could possibly be our version of Chris Zorich?

I just always liked Zorich a lot and have been waitin for someone like him to hit our field.

Guest SirJohn

Jersey. He will be a standout. The word i keep hearing over and ovwer and yet over again from those NJ sources is "EXCEPTIONABLE." And he hasn't touched a college Div 1 ball yet. I have never heard that word used with any others I they like on the team.

So if Y'All are thinking of a star D line think Super Nova. :D

Guest JerseyDomer

I haven't seen him play at all-something I'll change this yr, I'd like to catch Duval play as well, but I've spoke with a close family friend who has seen him play and he has also said like you have mentioned that he is a bloody beast and just never stops goin.

Guest VagasFerguson44

I liken Blackwell to S. Cody from USC a few years back. Not the fastest guy in the world but a great run stuffer and will get to the QB with his grit and vigor.

Personally, I think he will be Irish. I'm not sure I buy he is a silent yet. I heard he is planning on taking all of his visits and may not decide until after the season. I also think that is inaccurate. My guess is he will decide at the end if August or beginning of Sept.

And I think he WILL be Irish. And he'll be a very good DT!