Barksdale

LUCKOTHEEIRISH

Hey guys 1st time poster long time reader. I would first like to thank all of you on the great info over the past few months. I was just over at a Michigan board and they were fighting with TO$U fans over Barksdales commitment. It seems TO$U posters believe he is a lock to be scarlet and grey. Have you guys (Broker, Chiro, Gwood, TD ect...) heard anything on him lately?

Guest TDJesus3

not lately, things have been quiet with him, i think michigan would be a big suprise, i would say its about 50/50 us and OSU, i thought if he went on ted ginn sr. bus tour he would end up at OSU for sure, texas is a sleeper with him, but there class is filling up and i don't think he ends up there, our advantage is playing time and i think in the end we will pull him out of michigan but with ohio state you never know

welcome to the board luck, good to have ya posting

Guest Kgreene2343

Thanks for noticing the little guys, like me :D. I think it's a neck and neck race between us, but I think he will choose us overall because of team need.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Take it from me...he's going to wearing a despised puke and blue helmet. It's between OSU and Lloyd. We are out of it!

Guest TDJesus3

he doesnt need a source thats his opinon its ok, i think its wrong with michigan but as i said before theres a chance he could go to osu

The thing about it Vegas is that alot of the Michigan posters were also acting like they lost out on this kid. I know he just visited Texas but with the way they r filling up their class I dont think there will be room when he wants to commit late in the year.

Guest loweND

For what it's worth, a few weeks ago on Power Hour they were talking about our chances with Barsdale. Frank said that he feels we've been making up a lot of ground with Barksdale. In fact, he said that we were moving up his list faster than any other school. Apparently though, we still have a lot of ground to make up.

I think we're either going to get Martin or Barksdale, because I think one of these kids is going to realize the tremendous opportunity ND presents. There's a better than likely chance that they'd be starting their freshman year here - on national tv. If I'm a five star DT, I'm looking at that as my ticket to the NFL.

I haven't heard anything on him lately. It's looking good with Big ben Martin. I think it's down to ND and OSU though. I like Martez. I bet that Austin will not be Irish. I still hear that Aurelious is Irish. Sukay is a heavy lean and I think it will be down to the Irish and PSU. However, I think we lead due to the fact that his family is watching our board and WHO in their right mind wouldn't want to be a National Champion. ND is the future.

Hey guys 1st time poster long time reader. I would first like to thank all of you on the great info over the past few months. I was just over at a Michigan board and they were fighting with TO$U fans over Barksdales commitment. It seems TO$U posters believe he is a lock to be scarlet and grey. Have you guys (Broker, Chiro, Gwood, TD ect...) heard anything on him lately?

Welcome Lucky!

Guest VagasFerguson44

Thanks TD for backing me up on the "sources" thing! I know it seems more like he is OSU's to lose but my gut feeling is that this kid is going to stay home. I respect Mike Frank. And I appreciate all that he does. But, to say that we are making up ground with the kid is a polite way of saying "we have very little chance with the kid but we are not officially out of it yet."

You see the fun thing about most of the major recruiting sites is that they need to make money of you and I. If they tell that we don't stand a chance with someone then that is one less story that entices one of us to join. Most of the time, when we are just absolutely no longer in contention, they will come out and be "frank" (no pun intended). But, until that point be prepared to be strong along or read between the lines and move on. If there is one thing I have learned over the years is the psychology of this business. It's what I enjoy most about following recruiting.

Now, I am basing my prediction about Barksdale on more than reading into Mike Frank. But, above is my opinion of what he has to say about Barksdale.

So, I may be wrong about UM. Could be OSU, but, my bet is still on UM.

Guest JerseyDomer

Welcome to the DD LUCKY!

I don't have jack on Barksdale, just that I'd like to see him wearin a gold helmet come 07

Guest NDLawJAG

Welcome Luck.... No info but I think we have as good as shot at him as anyone. I think the key to this recruiting class is to keep the momentum and to Win in the fall. Nothing attracts recruits like winning.