Dailey names a favorite

Rockne3d

Andrew Dailey names his favorite. Penn State. I am pretty confident that is based upon current offers and a ND offer would put Penn State into second place. He would probably commit to ND very quickly after an offer. I believe he will be at ND this weekend.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BGIF
Andrew Dailey names his favorite. Penn State. ...

PSU is his only prime time offer isn't it?

No ND. No OSU. No UM.

It's a little early for "Last Call" but slots are filling up.

Dailey had recently named one favorite, Penn State. As of today in a Rivals article he now has 2 favorites, Penn State and... Notre Dame. I think we have always been the favorite but the only thing holding him back from publicly stating ND was his concern of getting an offer. IMO, he must be feeling more positive about getting that ND offer. IMO, if he gets that offer than he is Irish. I still am not sure if it will arrive to him. We have similar guys who have already received their offers. Paskorz, Harrison Smith, Nagel.

Guest VagasFerguson44

Agreed, TD and Broke. I really believe that we get the Donald kid. I don't think we have room for Dailey.

I really hope we get Donald. He would be a monster pickup. Paskorz will be a project, Donald on the other hand is already at LB and had a HUGE season last year. Dailey would also be a fine pickup. We can never have too many LBs considering our depth there sin't that great. We only have one for this year and he, like i said above, is a project. He, Donald, and Dailey could be an amazing linebacking corp. With the coaching they'd recieve at ND, if they all go there, they could be even better than the 2005 Buckeyes.

I second "TheShark" on Donald. I also second whoever said that Paskorz took Dailey's spot. And, I think Harrison Smith is probably more of a strong safety than an LB.

Having said that, it appears that our two spots for a little smaller faster LBs for the outside have been taken. My best guess is that we chase two beasts, now. Donald & another beast... Maybe Walker if he could get his dang ACT up.

If you look at it, Paskorz & Nagel are roughly 6'1ish 215/220 and run 4.5s. Daily is maybe an inch taller and runs a 4.6. I don't feel so optimistic about him being offered, but then again, I could be wrong.

Guest NDLawJAG

According to a couple different recruits, ND was looking to take either four athletic linebackers or one MLB plus three athletic linebackers. If it is true what Paskorz said about CW recruiting him as a MLB... then I think that all the others will be athletic.

Of course one of those is Nagle. Also, Harrison Smith has been quoted as saying that CW wants him as a Hybred Safety position that "they call Apache."

I think they are recruiting a number of hybred players that could play either LB or safety.... Once again flexibility.

I think Donald tops my LB list. His stats are amazing. I hope CW starts pushing for this kid hard. Smith is the brother of the WR from USC, i doubt he'd go to a school that faces his brother, Dailey may get an offer, but he's either 2nd teir or last resort.

Well said Jag and Shark I agree with your Donald and Dailey comments.

Martez Wilison could make it 5 LB's because he will end up as a DE. I don't think Dailey gets an offer unless we miss out on a few others. My guess is: Nagel, Wilson, Paskorz, and Harrison Smith. I would really like to add Donald to that list but I guess Im just playing the safe route tonight. Hell, lets go aggressive and make it 5 with Donald. Wilson will be a DE and Smith could play safety.

Shark - when you said Smith was the brother of USC WR - did you mean Harrison Smith is? If that is what you meant - I don't believe that is true. I'm pretty sure it is Malcolm Smith out of California who is his brother. I think he is on the radar but not recieved an offer yet.

BTW - he (Harrison Smith) is planning on being at ND the 13th -16th of June.

Is anyone surprised we haven't heard any offers come out of the camp last Saturday yet?

Guest TDJesus3

no because i think saturday had all the guys who were only getting offered if we missed out, the only exception is stroter he may get an offer

i heard smith looked slow, but i still like him at mlb he can really hit

dailey's spot is taken, he should have got on the ball earlier its his fault if he doesnt get an offer, test scores and stuff matter when getting an offer and if u waste time your spot can get taken

the other guys will see offers if in a few weeks we miss out on guys, but im not so sure thats going to happen at many positions, hughes will likely be the next offered, or maybe tate both just depend on grades

Shark - when you said Smith was the brother of USC WR - did you mean Harrison Smith is? If that is what you meant - I don't believe that is true. I'm pretty sure it is Malcolm Smith out of California who is his brother. I think he is on the radar but not recieved an offer yet.

BTW - he (Harrison Smith) is planning on being at ND the 13th -16th of June.

Is anyone surprised we haven't heard any offers come out of the camp last Saturday yet?

yeah that's who i meant :oops: . I dont' know much about Harrison Smith. I heard him on Irish Eyes Power Hour once. He's projecting as a LB that can move to S imo.