DT Joseph Barksdale

Rockne3d

Here are some recent comments from Joseph Barksdale:

"I'm looking for a program with a large fan base and strong fan support, a big stadium, nice facilities, and an engineering program," said Barksdale. "I want to be in a program where I'm surrounded by good people; people that care about you.

If you ask me, it sounds like he found what he is looking for in South Bend.

Guest TDJesus3

i think right now i would say barksdale is an ND lean, he pulled himself from the teddy ginn bus tour which makes me think a certain coach was in his ear saying no don't do that, also i think if he was staying in michigan it would have happened along time ago, and i think our situation at dt is much better than theirs

Guest DCIrish

TD, great analysis. One thing he might want to consider it that while we might have a smaller stadium, he will get MUCH greater exposure via TV and other media outlets...

This is one of those things I really want to get excited about, but you never know with a kid that age. Gerald McCoy said he was looking for great academics, graduation rate, coaches, etc. and look where he wound up.

I.E. Hard to get excited about it sometimes because you they all seem to say the same stuff.

If he is really committed to all those things, it looks good though!!

We need some impact players up front. The cupboard is really bare after Landri and Laws are gone....

I know, but he is looking at scUM, tOSU, and ND. Out of these 3, ND has the smallest stadium (by 20+ thousand).

I hear ya Guy but it's not like he is going to turn down ND because it only holds 80k. That is still a very big stadium. Not to mention, all the other things he mentioned would put ND at the top on each of them.

Guest bluester2000

Based on his statements all three fit what he's looking for.

Fan support... check, check, check

Big stadium... check, check, check

Nice facilities... never been to either OSU or UM but I imagine check for both

Engineering program... check, check, check

Guest bluester2000

Hey Tressell is willing to do what it takes to get a kid on the field after a DUI involving a car accident. If that's not caring I don't know what is....

*For those of you who can't read sarcasm, that was it right above.

Guest BGIF
it sound like he is irish. mike farrell said todad that he actully likes barkendale over austin, i dont know how much that means but there you go.

I don't know if he's Irish but Rivals has moved Barksdale up to the Austin level rating them both as 5 Star Prospects. Barksdale is quick for a big guy although Austin gets the edge in 40 times. Austin also benches 400. I haven't seen strength numbers for Barksdale.

Athletically I believe we'd be pleased with either in a Gold helmet.

Guest SirJohn

Once i think we get the new fields the joyce expansion etc out of the way (Call it current expenditures 3 years) I think we will jack up the stadium to 90,000 or so. The only negative back when and currently is it cuts off the view of the Touchdown Jesus mural as is today. Farther expansion would make view worse.

I've heard that was the 'problem' with ND teams since the last stadium expansion. TD Jesus couldn't see the field. My opinion then now is Jesus couldn't help a davingham team :lol:

Soultion? For gosh sakes someone donate millions to make the Library taller and have more books for knowledge and just raise the mural 10-20 more stories. Picky picky Picky. :roll:

Just better make these extra seats available to the public somehow. :)