Donald Langley

Guest greatness

Guest greatness

The Notre Dame coach told me that I'm their No. 2 defensive tackle. He has been to my school a lot this month and said that my grades are fine, he just has to talk to coach Weis and then I'll get an offer from them."

6'2 267

Guest TDJesus3

where is that quote from? Im hard pressed to believe this kid is our number two dt target when he doesnt even have an offer

thanks for the heads up on this greatness

Guest greatness

I Left it sort of vague.... but the kid is from Maryland and apparently did real well at the nike camp that was held at Penn state

Guest TDJesus3

i dont know if they are headed to plan B, i think this kid may be blowing some smoke, does anyone think if he was that high of priority he wouldn't have an offer? I get the feeling they have been recruiting him and hes pubbing himself up for some better offers, i seriously doubt he is our no.2 dt, we know we are recruiting barksdale and austin, and we know trattou is coming in as a dt, and i really doubt this kid is above any of those three, i think he is just puffing himself here

Guest johnchampion

I read the article on this kid.

He says that he dominates when he's on the field. Really goes on about himself.

Then I go to the bottom of his profile on Rivals and look at his stats.

48 tackles, 6 for loss, 4 sacks.

Dominant? Maybe his 55 pancake blocks on offense, but at 6-2, 270 he won't be playing offense in college I imagine.

Hopefully we'll hear more about him. Really bizarre article.

Guest bluester2000

JohnChamp,

Do you recall a little known 4 year starter named Ryan Harris? He was absolutely TINY in high school. Heck, even MTV did a "I want the perfect body" special on him (along with 1 weight lifting schmuck and a cute blonde who got a boob job). His part of the show focused on high school athletes and the strain on their bodies to add/drop weight for their sports.

He weighed in on his scout.com page at a whopping 255, yet still have offers from ND, Miami, Michigan, USC, etc.

Guest bluester2000

Broker,

Mute or moot? But your point remains, and so does mine (270 is big enough for either offensive or defensive line as a junior in high school). How big are Landri/Laws right now at DT?

Guest johnchampion
Landri's listed at 6'3, 263.

And he's a defensive tackle. Which is what Langley would end up being.

And his defensive tackles stats don't strike me as dominating. 55 pancake blocks in 12 games does, but I don't think he has O Line size for Notre Dame.

That's all I'm saying.