Another DT prospect

Rockne3d

Daryle Ballew, NT from Ohio. 6'3" 300 pounds.

Same school as Wade. His cousin is Cortez Kennedy.

According to his coach the Irish have alot of interest but what concerns me is that his offer list is not impressive: West Virginia, Miami (Ohio), Kent, Minnesota, Illinois, Buffalo, Marshall, UConn, Cincinnati

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

can we say under the radar, this would make some sense since we have seem to avoid other mid-level and above candidates at DT, we have only hit the big guys so far, so i think an under the radar kid makes sense

Guest TDJesus3

i think barksdale is our best bet, and we are still up their with Austin and outside of those two you got Trattou who i think will end up being a big time fast penetrating dt like mullen will be and probably a couple of other guys under the radar

Guest NDLawJAG

Interesting note for DL prospects.... ESPN likes Kerry Neal as much as we do. They rated him an 88. For perspective, the highest rated player on thier board is JC at 92 and the last time I checked they only had two other players in the 90s (both right at 90).

Guest DCIrish

Speaking of Allen Bailey, I wonder why we did not press harder for his services? He is huge, great speed and has already qualified academically (by a lot I might add).

Seems like he would have been one of our top targets at LB and/or DE.

He is getting very good reviews at the combines...