Armado Allen

Guest 10BradyQuinn10

Guest 10BradyQuinn10

Since Chris Rainey gave Florida a soft verbal, and Noel Devine is a HEAVY lean for the Canes, does that leave Allen for ND? Just what to see your thought on this one.

Guest BGIF
Since Chris Rainey gave Florida a soft verbal, and Noel Devine is a HEAVY lean for the Canes, does that leave Allen for ND? Just what to see your thought on this one.

If Allen thinks so. Does he?

Have you seen any articles in the past two months mentioning Allen's interest in ND? I think IrishEyes last did one in early March.

The only connection I've seen is ND fans longing on message boards. Allen's an impressive RB but if he doesn't express any interest in ND what's the point?

There hasn't been much news from Allen in the last couple of months because of track.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=544118

Miami (Fla.) is home to some of the best athletes year in and year out. One of the top athletes in the country this year is running back Armando Allen of Hialeah Miami Lakes. Allen has been running track and focusing on that over the past couple months, but now he will turn his attention towards recruiting. He is going to go through his offer list, try to figure out what schools he likes, and then trim his list. UGA has offered and the Bulldogs hope to be one of his finalists.

Guest DCIrish

I read part of this article as well. If I remember correctly, Allen wants to enroll early. That considered, he'll probably make a decision sooner than most....

Let's hope the recruiting staff is putting the full court press on him...

Guest BGIF
There hasn't been much news from Allen in the last couple of months because of track.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=544118

Miami (Fla.) is home to some of the best athletes year in and year out. One of the top athletes in the country this year is running back Armando Allen of Hialeah Miami Lakes. Allen has been running track and focusing on that over the past couple months, but now he will turn his attention towards recruiting. He is going to go through his offer list, try to figure out what schools he likes, and then trim his list. UGA has offered and the Bulldogs hope to be one of his finalists.

I'm aware of his track interest. I'm also aware that during the two month interval UGA, VOL, and Cane as well as non-school specific (generic?) Scout and Rivals writers wrote several pieces on Allen. But nothing from ND site/beat writers.

So I'll repeat my question, "Have you seen any articles in the past two months mentioning Allen's interest in ND?"

Otherwise, I read your post above as a NO.

Guest TDJesus3

i wouldn't count us out just yet, the staff really likes this guy and has been going after him hard, i think silence may be a good thing in this case, this kid hasnt talked much about anything, and there has been no news from the staff about him or the pay sites, i really think this kid is wide open and hasnt made up his mind on anything yet, i think we get a visit and from that visit you never know, weis works his magic and the campus blows him away and look we are on top, it happens guys you all know that campus can grab you, and with weis and the facilities i got no doubt we have a shot if he comes on campus, which i think he will

Guest VagasFerguson44

Let's not TOTALLY count him out yet. But, my tight resources in FLA lead me to believe that I would be an ignorant fool to believe that he goes anywhere but a FLA school. Optimism is one thing, but...

Guest VagasFerguson44

Wait. I forgot. I only have 54 (now 55) posts. I'm not supposed to have a take on anything. PLEASE disregard everything I say. Thank you!

Guest TDJesus3

let's not try to be a martyr vegas

if your source says it ill buy it right now, i just think he hits campus things can change, and i think he definitly will take a visit to nd...I agree the FL schools make sense but hes not going to go to fl with rainey just verbing, so does that mean FL st or Mi? Fl st is the only other in state school other than FL that has offered which makes me think Miami has other targets, in addition he has never really spoken about Miami, when last year this kid looked like a miami lock becuase he would attend practices and be on campus.

Allen is going to be an ee and therefore has to make some sort of early decision, and Miami hasn't even got in the game. That leaves flordia state, who would have to be your bet then if you think a flordia school, however, he has never really talked about flordia state nor are they recruiting him that hard from what i understand.

It is true that if Devine does qualify (for FSU or Miami how hard can that be) and not go to prep school that he will be FSU and Miami's top target at rb, and that would likely mean that Allen goes to the other because of him and devine being so similar, but if Miami doesn't offer, and FSU says we will take our chances with Devine and a guy like Chambers or Easterling, then what does Allen do? Wait on Miami? because there goes his ee, and Miami has like 5 other big time targets at rb. I just think hes being pushed out of the state thats all, either he has to go with other big time recruits to fl or fl state or he has to hope miami offers and doesnt have other guys similar to him already verbed or he can look out of state

As far as out of state goes, Georgia and ND are recruiting him the hardest and I think if he leaves the state it will be one of those two, if he stays then likely it means Miami missed on the guys they have above him and finally offered or Fl state missed on a few guys and picked up their recruiting of him, but remember these fl schools all love devine and hes a long way from verbing, so allen may just end up leaving the state, partially because hes not the best back in the state and partially because the fl schools have other targets, remember like Texas, some kids have to leave the state of flordia, their just arent enough schollies to go around, especially at the rb position, so theres always a chance he could get pushed out and to a likely destination of Georgia or ND