Munir prince

Guest ND2k9

Guest ND2k9

(technically hes still a recruit)

I have some inside info that he's going to play DB at ND. k, not that inside, but still.

Thoguhts?

Guest gallup21

i did thought he wasnt going to play defense and he wanted to play rb, which i thought he looked real good there, but its inside info-good find :D

Guest Irish4life

Well i guess he should play DB if he is good there, because well like ive mentioned in other topics, at RB were stacked. defense is the bigger issue.

I think we are far from stacked at RB. Walker, Thomas, Aldridge and Prince is far from stacked. You can add Schmidt into that mix if you want but that doesn't change anything. Walker and Thomas have 2 years left. We are no where near being stacked at RB. Besides, we need a Prince type of speed back at RB.

Guest ND2k9

by the way, I found it on Kamara's MySpace. Munir commented hims saying he couldn't wait to go against him in practice because he plays DB.

He also said even tho kamara has height on him he thinks it'll be a good matchup.

jsut to clarify

while this is true it appears to be the real deal

or not...

http://notredame.scout.com/2/532356.html

Prince is Ready to Report

Munir Prince

By: Jeff Baumhower

Date: May 19, 2006

Munir Prince of DeSmet high school (St. Louis, Mo.) was the first commitment of the 2006 recruiting class. Since then he has been anticipating his arrival to Notre Dame. In less than a month Munir will report to South Bend with the rest of his class with high expectations.

The transition from high school star to college freshman can be difficult. Munir Prince (5-11, 190-pounds) has been preparing himself for all the challenges that college football presents.

“I’ve just been training and trying to get the playbook down so I understand what’s going on,” Prince said of his preparation for Notre Dame. “I’m going start at running back and work my way up the ranks and work the return game too.

“It’s kind of like doing calculus,” he said of learning the playbook. “It’s a matter of getting everything down. Understanding my blocking schemes, understanding the routes and knowing the different formations. I think I’ve made some huge strides. I cannot wait to get out there and show everybody what I can do.”

If Prince is going to get on the filed in his first season, he will need every advantage he can grasp. Learning the playbook is one step; the other is getting physically prepared.

“I got a personal trainer and he just uses the ND workout so that’s been working out pretty good,” Prince explained. “I haven’t been doing the 110s, I’ve actually been doing 300-yard shuttles. I do seven of those a day. I started off with two. You always have your bad days when it’s hot outside, but it’s paying off.

“I’m going to show up at Notre Dame at about 190 pounds and that was my target. I actually met that pretty much through nutrition. I put some protein shakes with my workouts and that kind of helped me put that extra weight on.”

During his senior season Prince played at 172 pounds. Despite the added weight he has actually increased his speed.

“I got my forty time down. I was around the low 4.4 and now I’m around 4.3 hand-timed,” Prince said. “I qualified for state in track. I ran a 10.4 (meters) last week so I’m looking forward to seeing what I can do. My top time before was 10.5 My goal this year was to add weight but keep my speed. I just worked real hard with my trainer and everything worked out.”

here is one from rivals

Munir Prince spent Thursday afternoon talking summer school with Irish recruiting coordinator Rob Ianello. The first commitment in Notre Dame's last class has his sights set on calculus and English composition, never mind continuing his education in Charlie Weis offense 101.

Prince has thrown himself into training like a college running back.

That last course might be news to some Notre Dame followers who had the St. Louis, Mo., product pegged for a future defensive back, where Prince won all-state honors as a junior. Since signing with Notre Dame in February, when Weis joked that Rick Minter should stop campaigning for a position switch, Prince has thrown himself into training like a college running back, starting in the weight room. Listed at 175 pounds by Notre Dame, Prince said he's up to 187 with a hand-timed 40-yard dash in the high 4.3 range.

"People ask a lot [about playing corner], I guess because of my size," Prince said. "People think I'm not big enough to be a running back, I heard that coming up through the high school ranks. I don't think they understand that with my speed, I'm going to put so much pressure on a defense that they're going to have to react and change their defensive scheme.

"I can take a hit. I can bring a hit. People just don't understand that you don't have to be a big 6-2, 225-pound back that's bowling over people. You can be a Marshall Faulk or Reggie Bush type of back."

Of course Prince knows a few big backs, including one already on the Notre Dame roster in childhood friend James Aldridge. The two played youth football together in St. Louis before Aldridge made a high school move to Crown Point, Ind., and then enrolled at Notre Dame in January.

Prince, whose conditioning consists mainly of 300-yard shuttle runs, said Aldridge gave him extra motivation to report in peak shape.

"James told me that his lowest point was the first day of conditioning and he threw up six times," Prince said. "He told me to get in the playbook because if you don't know your plays, you're pretty much done for. He said that after he proved himself to the team, he fit in real well. It's about just staying humble and having a hard work ethic."

Learning Notre Dame's NFL-style playbook has been a complex process for Prince. He started on the running plays, moved on to blitz pick-up and blocking, then finished with understanding his routes. Prince said his prep program at DeSmet helped him get a jump on blocking, but he admitted there's still a lot to learn.

"I didn't know where to start, it's tough," Prince said. "Learning defensive fronts, if I don't know those, I won't know which way the offensive line will block. It's kind of like a lot of intricate schemes all combined together."

Prince said while looking over the playbook he's begun to see how he'll fit into the Irish offense, at least when not overwhelmed by blocking schemes, routes and assignments.

"A good player can fit into any system and adapt, just like as a running back in football you learn to play and adapt to every set," Prince said. "What Coach Weis told me was that we'll do the things that come easy. I'll do what I've got to do to get on the field."