We need to offer Golden Tate, RB/WR

chirodomer

This guy was Mr. Football in Tennessee and runs a 4.4 quick forty. Rushed for over 1000 yards and went over 800 receiving. This guy is a mini "Edge" in the making! We all know how the Polians like a running back that is multi dimensional! CW likes those backs that can receive out of the back field. The Tennessean reported that we offered; however, no one else has reported.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, CW needs to pull the tigger. I think he's waiting on Either Tyler or Benn to make their decision first because Tate can play either/or. CW knows talent and I know that he sees it in this kid, Tate's a big time player and he needs to be in the Blue and Gold. He's high on ND and he doesn't even have an offer yet.

Dude...seriously, he is another Prince type...could play a number of positions but isn't as stellar as you guys are giving him credit for. No doubt he is good, but not THAT great! Just because he has a pretty name, doesn't mean we should rush into an offer...He plays in a very very weak division, but this year that will change, and he will have to face the real big boys in TN. Watch his numbers drop as everybody loads up on the run & focuses on him, because his team has nothing else.

Guest NDLawJAG

I think he would make a good CB... I think he wants to play RB. I'm not sure how well he will transition to RB at the next level. I think he has the speed but I'm not sure he has the size and toughness. That being said I think he would be a good hybred player that could create mismatches.

I think that he would be a good one to offer because of the flexibility he offers... I could see him turning into a shutdown corner if things do not work out on offense.

Guest Securitas

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-25963&prov=rivals&type=story_recruiting

Some tidbits:

"I really like Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Miami and Georgia," he said. "I like Notre Dame a lot. I go to a Catholic school (Pope John Paul II) and they have Charlie Weis and Jimmy Clausen is going there. I'd like to have him throwing me the ball."

The Irish haven't extended an offer, but the interest in Tate is certainly there.

"One of their coaches came to our school last week and I get a lot of letters," Tate said.

Even though Notre Dame hasn't offered, Tate is already planning an official visit to South Bend. Tate already owns scholarships from Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Clemson and South Carolina.

"I've never been up (to Notre Dame) but one of my friends is going there for academics," he said. "I called her when she was up there visiting and she said it is amazing so I'll definitely go up there for an official."

Damn, seems like if/when an offer is made, we will be at the front of the pack

Guest BGIF
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-25963&prov=rivals&type=story_recruiting

Some tidbits:

"I really like Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State, Miami and Georgia," he said. "I like Notre Dame a lot. I go to a Catholic school (Pope John Paul II) and they have Charlie Weis and Jimmy Clausen is going there. I'd like to have him throwing me the ball."

The Irish haven't extended an offer, but the interest in Tate is certainly there.

"One of their coaches came to our school last week and I get a lot of letters," Tate said.

Even though Notre Dame hasn't offered, Tate is already planning an official visit to South Bend. Tate already owns scholarships from Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Clemson and South Carolina.

"I've never been up (to Notre Dame) but one of my friends is going there for academics," he said. "I called her when she was up there visiting and she said it is amazing so I'll definitely go up there for an official."

Damn, seems like if/when an offer is made, we will be at the front of the pack

Agree it looks good but according to your LINK that story was Updated on Monday, May 8, 2006 12:49 pm EDT. It predates the Tenneseean article by several days.

So I take it the Rivals email, i.e., NO OFFER is the latest info.

I just got off the phone with my buddy who coaches in the highest division of the TN Private league and he let me in a on a few things regarding Tate.

1.) I was wrong about JPII moving up to the next level...they are staying in the lower division this year but will play a couple of the big boys. Last year, Tate did nothing against MBA which is a really good team. He also did nothing against Father Ryan and ECS, which are two really crappy teams. In fact, he did nothing against ECS, twice! To put this in perspective, our freshmen team in HS beats up ECS.

2.) Tate loves to take plays off. If he is lined up at receiver and isn't getting the ball, he literally will not leave the line of scrimmage to go block anybody. He just stands there. That is not the type of kid I want.

3.) My buddy has talked to a number of coaches coming through who are looking at Chris Walker, and when he says, "Are you going to see Golden Tate, next?" They say, "Who?"

4.) Tate seems to only be good enough to play wide out & nothing more, and as you all know...we are going to have enough wideouts.

Sorry to be so cynical, but Tate is not all that he is hyped to be. I do like this kid Harrison Smith, though...He seems like a real player!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TDJesus3

broke its like terminator, only ur broke...haha who knows what chiro meant, but i think its funny, still the best thing on the board lately has been

Hey Chiro easy there on comments about the ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bendejo..

now thats funny