Benn and Austin

Guest 10BradyQuinn10

Guest 10BradyQuinn10

Does anyone else think that we are slipping away from landing these guys? I sure do. I know Austin comes out as a long shot; anyone hear something about Benn lately?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

its not hope on benn, seriously chiro is right on that, benn is irish, and we have talked about this before its about keeping a constant buzz and planning these announcements, and as far as Austin we have discussed that in the Austin thread, sure we slipped some, my opinon is thats because he blew up, i think once things settle down he will see ND for what it is in and that means we got a good shot still, its just not a sure thing like Benn

Lets Hope soo

Go back and look at the posts by TD, Broker, CHiro, Bat and see what has been posted and what has come to fruition. You will see that our percentage is pretty high and that we know some people in the "right'' places. If I left anyone out please do not take offense as no disrespect was meant. You will see that we are "for real"! Keep posting and contributing.

Hey Brady, I've only been posting a couple weeks but these guys have been dead on. They have some good connections (or they're psychic). I prefer to believe the former. Last year, before I knew of these posts, I had a great connection to the Wenger family, and knew where Danny was going for quite a while. I just had no one to share the info with except some local ND fans. Even though Rivals and Scout would have you think otherwise, I knew where he was going. That is what makes these posts so interesting. Most of the extemely confident posters have grass roots info, and I'm glad they're willing to share.

Guest VagasFerguson44

I know many (if not all) will disagree. But, I have a feeling that we don't get A. Benn. For one thing, I think we have all gotten caught up in his friendship with Clausen. I realize that at times young kids can get caught up in making decisions based on others. And for that matter (if you want to use that arguement), I think Benn will be more influenced by his buddy Austin than JC.

But, just like Kamara said yesterday. JC didn't influence his decision. There are plenty of great QBs around the country and he had a choice of going to many of them and being successful. There are no guarantees that JC will be what we all think he will be. As a young WR, you might as well go to a school where an established sophomore QB star is in place. So in the end, I think A. Benn will go elsewhere. Perhaps he'll follow Austin somewehere, although, if Austin chooses USC, I can't see Benn going to USC with the WR depth they have there. He'd be on the bench all 4 years if he goes to USC. My guess is that he goes to FSU or Miami.

But like I said in my comments about Marc Tyler. I think that would be good news because after watching film of Benn, I'm not convinced he's the "5-star" many think he is. If Benn goes elsewhere, Charlie will pull out the stops and get someone else with the same talent level. Personally, I think we already have a commit that is better than Benn. Thank you, Mr. Kamara!

Guest johnchampion

I think a lot of people are overestimating Clausen's effect on recruiting. Weis' offense kind of speaks for itself. And what Clausen has to do with the guys on the defensive side of the ball is beyond me.

Benn is a stud and I still like ND's chances. You're just going to have to wait a little longer for him to decide wherever he goes.

With Austin, don't hold your breath. He'll be coming to ND as a USC Trojan.

Benn is extremely strong and works hard. He uses his body quite well to put himself in the best position to get the ball. His speed will improve and if he and Kumara end up future teammates, Weis will have a field day causing matchup problems for opponents.

Guest Irish4life

Austin well i dont know about him but like i said a while ago, strong deep feeling about Benn. He WILL be irish. this feeling i got i dont get it much, but i got the itch about Benn

Clausen to Benn connection.

Benn should be irish. I am not in-the-know like some of the guys around here, so I can't say he is silent...or that there are no worries, but from all of the things I have heard / seen / read about Benn, I am very happy with ND's chance.

With Austin, I would not say NDs chances are "good", but anything is possible with Weis running the show.

Guest NDLawJAG

Of course that assumes one important fact... Coker keeps his job until national signing day. I could see them having 2 loses by Sept 16. I think Coker is on the hot seat and he is lucky enough to play both BC and FSU from the other division. 3-5 loses is likely.

Guest Irish4life

Being a Semi-Canes fan let me say this.

Coker is on the heat seat and well if they really struggle this year this could be the end for him. They really need to beat Fsu because thats like the biggest game of the year and well i think 3 losses is a little to much.

2 or less and he may be safe for another year