Kamara is Irish

Guest bluester2000

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndyIrish

Very nice!

I guess chiro gets to keep posting after all...

This class could be shaping into one of those classes you get on video games (if you guys play)....#1 QB, #1 RB, 2 top 5 WRs, #1 defensive player (MAYBE)....

Viva CW

Guest gizmokt24

Great news!

Hopefully Trattou will be next so we can get the ball rolling on some of these defensive guys.

2 for 2 in New Jersey...

Guest JerseyDomer

I think he'll turn into a better WR than Mo. No disrespect at all, Stovall is one of my all time favorite Domers, but Kamara will have 3 more years to spend with Charlie. The potential is there.

Guest gizmokt24

If anyone is interested IE will be having another Power Hour tonight. Guests include Eric Olsen, Michael Williams (this should be interesting), and a "mystery guest" from New Jersey.

Guest BGIF

Irish Land "Role Model" Receiver

by Pete Sampson

http://notredame.rivals.com/

The next time Duval Kamara visits the middle schools in Hoboken, N.J., his message about the importance of blending academics and athletics will carry some extra staying power. Kamara, one of the nation’s top receiver prospects, verbally committed to Notre Dame on Wednesday morning during a press conference at Hoboken High School. Later today he’ll go national with his choice on ESPNews.

Guest Champion10

here is some more

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=1715&pageID=1

The Irish landed their first wide receiver in the class of 2007 with the commitment of Hoboken, N.J., product Duval Kamara on Wednesday morning.

“Kamara made his decision to go to Notre Dame and had the press conference this morning because he wanted it out there and ESPN couldn't do it this morning,” noted Lou Taglieri, head coach at Hoboken High School. “The ESPNEWS Hot List will be on from 3-6 p.m., and he'll make the announcement live at 5:40 p.m.”

The coach gave Blue and Gold Illustrated a brief synopsis of what Kamara said at his 11 a.m. press conference.

“He took time to thank people and mainly stated that he has chosen ND,” said Taglieri. “There was just that strong New Jersey connection and he felt very comfortable with Coach Weis and his staff. Coach being from the area helped tremendously, as they're coached by the same kind of people. Jersey guys throw some more punches and that one helped in landing Kamara.”

The talented junior received offers from an extensive list of schools that included Florida, Miami, Penn State, Tennessee, USC, Michigan State, Michigan, Rutgers and Maryland. As a junior, Kamara had 46 catches for 940 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Check back later today for more from Kamara himself on why he chose the Irish.

Guest TDJesus3

i just watched him on espnnews and can i just say he is exteremly well spoken and i was very impressed by him, its good to have him on board

Guest gallup21

td, i saw that also, he sounds like a great guy whose confident and wants the ball in his hands-keep it up kamara!

Guest IndyIrish

You are right TD, very well-spoken. It was also nice to see a recruit actually know what he wants to major in (computer engineering). Good to have guys like that coming.