Darren Evans, RB

chirodomer

I have been hearing this guys name being bounced around for a few weeks and thought that I would finally post it. I was waiting on one of our senior statesmen to come forward but I guess I will. This guy is a horse and has a few state titles under his belt. I think the thing that may be an issue is grades but we'll see. You can NEVER have too many running backs. Look at Denver. His 40 isn't impressive but the word that I have heard is that he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TDJesus3

im not sold on evans, IN football is sad, we produce a few kids here and there, but these warren central kids in my opinon are all overrated, evans is slow and not the hardest worker in the classroom, yes he is a horse, he puts up tons of yards, but they have a good offense and crush the low level of talent here in IN, i really hope we don't take him, no offense to the kid but i would much rather have hughes if we are going for a big back, and please don't throw all his accolades at me, ea and whatever, those are based on stats and hype, someone watch his film and tell me you like him over hughes then we can have a debate, i say evans goes to miss. st

Guest TDJesus3

chiro in IN your boy louks could win a championship on his own, they don't even throw the ball, its pitiful, i know people think hes a gamer but for all the hype this kid had as a sophmore he really fell off the recruiting map and i really dont think he ends up at a top tier school, i know he talks OSU and michigan but i dont buy it, its the same with all those kids at WC there are three of them this year, Finch the saftey, that big WR i forget his name and evans, all three want to be big time and all three should be playing at Indiana because there not top tier

I know Louks is getting a lot of text messages from Purdue. He should be listed on scout.com soon. As far as the Warren Central guys, I would like to see them go to IU. I think Hoeppner could do well with them. I would also like to get Louks to IU too. Big NIKE camp Saturday at Stanford. I'm not sure if Williams will be there. I make it my business to "listen" to people and ask questions to find out info for our site.

Guest BGIF

Another RB with a 2.5 GPA and nice onfield stats.

He's in Mullen's GPA territory at this time last year. Apparently Mullen got the message and showed the necessary improvement to secure an offer. Some kids make the effort while some take the easy road.

Guest johnchampion
Another RB with a 2.5 GPA and nice onfield stats.

Evans' size, stats, speed and grades are almost identical to Tyler's.

Tyler looks better on highlight reels via paysites. Catches the pass better too.

Guest TDJesus3

look i think hes a 4 star prospect, just not the best rb in the country, and if we are going to take a big guy i personally woudl rather have hughes, but if we get him then fine, but i just think there are a bunch of 5 star and high 4 star guys i would rather have, i think he would fit in well at OSU where he could be wells backup, or maybe somewhere like indiana where they could feature him, but i just think for a bruiser back, i would rather have one who can catch the ball out of the backfield a little better and who is more versatile, not just a straight downhill runner

Guest NDLawJAG

It looks like the only big back we have offered is Tyler.... I think most of the focus is on finding a speed back to compliment Tyler. If Tyler does not come we still have Aldridge and Schmidt as our power backs.

Guest TDJesus3

yea i really hope we can pull allen out of florida, i know the coaches are going to visit him and he wants to ee, so we should be hearing something soon on where he is going, i really think we got more of a shot with him then other people, however i got no inside info on him at all, jsut a gut feeling he really likes ND and we are easily in his top 5, that would be a HUGE get

Guest NDLawJAG

Both would be great... And the great thing about Tyler is he is a great linebacker also. If he does not work out on offense he still could fill a need.

Evans is probably only a 3 star, IMO. Allen is a stud but to compare him to Tyler is wrong. 2 different styles. They would contrast each other very well and I think a perfect duo to bring in at RB. I also think it is somewhat of a stretch to call Tyler a "big back". He's got good size. But he's not that thunderous sized RB. He's not the T.J. Duckett, Jerome Bettis type or size. To me, that is a big back. I feel Tyler is more of a well rounded, normal sized back. Tyler is 6' 215. By know means is that small but it is not constituted as a big back. I think he fits the normal parameters of an all around back. Granted, he is only 17 so he has the ability to put on size. Also, after seeing him in person I doubt he is 6'.

I really like Tyler and the combination of Tyler and Allen would be just awesome.