Marvin Austin

Rockne3d

In response to internet talk that Austin does not want to come to ND due it being a small town, here are recent comments from Austin:

After growing up in the big city, Austin said he didn't mind a small town atmosphere, and that it even had some advantages compared to a large urban setting.

"It wouldn't be a big deal for me to wind up in a rural area," Austin said. "I like the city, but each atmosphere has its benefits. I have a lot of options, so I think I'll be comfortable wherever I go."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallup, thanks for responding. I thought the DD was dead today. You showed me there is life afterall today.

Also, you have me laughing on the new avatar. Although, I have to say that is just wrong. But funny as hell.

That is great news. I bought a copy of the Sporting News lasst weekend and it had a blurb on JC and how Tyler could be the best unsigned recruit in the country. It said that Pete was afraid that both would sign, however a bunch of recruits left S. Bend thinking that it was too boring for them. My initial thought was this was written by a ND hater.....the most important thing for these recruits should be football, education, and working towards the pros....ND offers the best of ALL 3!!! If nightlife is the biggest concern, they're probably better suited to sign elsewhere. It would be HUGE to sign Austin, he will be one of those LOI day hold-your-breath signings though.

Guest TDJesus3

IMO negative press is a good thing, when you get these guys digging for quotes to show why a kid may not come to ND its only because they are scared, when you hear these things its normally based on negative recruiting going on, and other coaches and press haters are banging on us right now because they know CW is making an impact on on college football the likes of which have not been seen, ND is back, and the kids are wanting to come play here and these negative clippings and talks about how kids dont like a small all white campus is just proof they are all running scared

I still hold to the fact that Austin is a long shot, against my better judgment i disagree with my man broke on this but its just my gut feeling, but trust me i hope im wrong on this one

gallup i love the new avatar that is hilarious

how about this to pick up the pace, we know Kumara, Trattou are coming, and we know Williams, Tyler and Benn are locked, so someone tell me who is the next verbal to go public, excluding williams because i think hes likely next

Lorenzo Edwards would be great. Is he going to play LB at the next level? If so and we get Major Wright out of Florida for our safety, then our D will be set for a while. The D players are about to come flooding in i have a feeling.

Guest gallup21

gallup i love the new avatar that is hilarious

you want a t shirt? you could wear yours to school/work, trust me it gets a lot of adults lookin at you funny

You have to be kidding that it's not ghetto. It's the crossroads of drug trafficking man. Go down by the airport, hell, go through most of South Bend...GHETTO! Outside of the urban area it turns into frickin neo nazi land that I haven't even seen in Alabama. Hell, we got were at a party on the opposite side of town & ran into a number of shady, "ghetto" individuals on our walk back to downtown. I, apparently, almost got run over by a guy who just made a drug deal a block over.

I would'nt so much say Notre Dame is in South Bend as much as it is in Roseland! The City is like any other... great in the daytime but not so great at night. There are things to do but not as much as other schools. It is all in what your looking for I guess!

i am looking for a school that will let my family live in a house paid for by some low life crimnals posing as sports agents. i would also like a school who's quarterback is a rapist, and where my offensive linemen could sloict a prositute. does anyone know where i could find a college like that, Oh yeah i would like to also spend 20,000 a year to live a mile away from south central LA.

Guest TDJesus3

ha ha, i really think austin is getting a bad wrap i dont think hes a bad kid and i dont think hes looking for kickbacks for his family or anything like that, i think he just blew up, he could go anywhere he wanted, before he was in benn's shadow, now benn is in his, and the kid is living the dream, USC and Miami had no interest and now they look like the girl who never would talk to you but then one day you come back to school after a summer of growing and shes all into you, hes just enamoured right now, im not sure he will come down from his enamourment before he verbs somewhere, but if he really looks at the process like he says he will then we got a shot, benn is a plus, but now Austin is bigger than benn so that alone wont do it, its a matter of austin stepping back and looking at us again, instead of looking like us as the girl who liked him before he got popular

Guest johnchampion

I agree about Austin not being a bad kid. I think he's a good guy, but I just get the feeling that his personality is such that ND might not be his cup of tea.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully they grab three other guys and hold out for Austin's decison. That way they don't get McCoyed again.

:) I have to admit there is honesty in any negative smack at South Bend. One is forgettng an hours plus visit Chicago for nightlife.

There's been major media chat about South Bend's condition the most favorable being everything ther needs a coat of paint. There was a major media smack at ND because the city of South Bend wanted $16,000 for extra overtime police work for home games and ND said no.

All that money and a measly $16,000 what the heck was the feeling.

Here you just go and look and point to South Bends politicians and business owners. No more no less. Notre Dame's fan base pours in millions of dollars every game into the South Bend Community. That's from Airport fees, rooms, car rentals, parking fees, fines downtown, bars, stores, movies and eating places even before you get to rooms and souviners. Where the hell is all that money going? :roll: Business owners sure are not pumping it back ino the stores. House renting sure is not pumping it back into the rental units. Don't ask me what those politicians are doing with that money. I dunno.

One and all they are a feeding Lamprey eel on ND.

Archives in DD has several stories on this. No one cares till the next negative SB remark. No one improves SB. Nothing is ever done about it at SB.

ND has and is doing MAJOR iomprovements on campus. Considering a mix of Tech/ nice shopping, and aprtment rental or condos far end of campus. (Can avoid SB that way too.) That's normal jobs on campus and jobs availble in construcion for SB people.

Just what's the government of SB done for SB? It would seem local and state politicians and business men do not appreciate the eyes of the world focused on SB and surely more so with Charley.

Guest gizmokt24

Well said TD...I want this kid at ND really bad, but it seems like he's focusing his decision on factors other than football.

IMO negative press is a good thing, when you get these guys digging for quotes to show why a kid may not come to ND its only because they are scared, when you hear these things its normally based on negative recruiting going on, and other coaches and press haters are banging on us right now because they know CW is making an impact on on college football the likes of which have not been seen, ND is back, and the kids are wanting to come play here and these negative clippings and talks about how kids dont like a small all white campus is just proof they are all running scared!

It doesn't matter if it's good press or bad press. If you don't have people talking about youthen you are not being aggressive enough!