2007 recruiting class prediction

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

Here's how i think the 25 are going to break down and who we will land, bolded are the guys who have already committed, recently the staff has been quoted as saying they want 5 OL and 4 LB's so i factored that in

QB: 1 Clausen

RB: 1 Tyler

WR: 3 Benn, Kumara, Davis

TE: 1 Ragone

OL: 5 Romine, Miller, Wilson, Stroter, Pozderac

DT: 3 Austin, Barksdale, Wade

DE 3 Neal, Martin, Trattou

LB: 4 Nagel, Smith, Wilson, Dailey

DB: 2 Williams, Johnson

S 2 Edwards, Wright

= 25

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gizmokt24

I hope you're right on Little, but it sure sounds like he's headed to UNC. In an interview posted on Inside Carolina/Scout he says that he talks to Paulus everyday.

Well, at least Paulus is going to UNC rather than USC.

Guest TDJesus3

broke trust me i want one more rb and one more just athlete but if they are going to take 5 OL and 4 LB's im having a hard time finding place for them, unless you only take one safety and 2 DE's and i would reather have edwards and wright over hughes at rb and same with my 3 de's

but put ur predictions up boys and lets see who gets it right in the end, maybe we shoudl start a sticky for it

Guest Bat

STCKY STCKY VOTE :lol:

I can't figure out some choises. I don't see Trattou there as my source says. unless there's a change in positions somewhere. Romine I agree on but havenot any real info to say so yet. This is our last "full boat" then it's 15 to 15+ and I can't imagine the microscopes, magnifying glasses and cat Scans by fans on those few kids. :lol:

Guest Bat

No it puzzles me TD I figured we were done the TE myself. It's why I threw in position change?

Source seemed confidant. I mean go to Boston U (GAG! CHOKE! HACK!) I suppose if ya want son. :)

Hello gents! First off congrats to my man brok on his 1000th post. All well written buddy! Second if we sign the class that you have listed above we would be damn near impossible to stop once those guys grew into their positions. That would be downright sick!

Guest bluester2000

I think if we get Tyler we should be done. Prince will be the breakaway threat for the next 4 years. A pair of big bruisers (Aldridge and Tyler) should be enough. Apparently Charlie likes the big boys (which is why RPN and later Thomas got a decent number of carries).

Guest Bat

NOW realize if you guys say a crew gets a decent number of carries then Brady's otherwise explosive passing goes down which was a Brian Brhom/Brady Quinn situation in the general section. So less 'production' just there. Some of these backs will break away from the pack and Weis will be foolish not to use them. Weis and 'foolish' do not go toghther anymore then oil and water does.

Guest subatlanticirish

For what it's worth , I think TD is nearly right!!

I would want 1 more RB/Athlete and possiblya punter.RB's can normally play a wide variety of positions and special teams is often underrated.

To make way for these players , I would recruit only 4 OL and 3 LB.

At the college level , high school footballers often move from desired position.safeties become quick linebackers, LB's bulk upto DL and DL go to OL.

Indeed, were Holtz showed greatness was identifying players that were playing the wrong position ; such as Heck at TE and Zorich came in as a LB.

Last year most of us had Mullen tabbed as a TE so do not be suprised if a DB or RB becomes a LB to become commitment 4 in Charlie's eyes.

Weis's great strength is analysing tape and formulating gameplans around his players.He doesn't put square pegs into round holes.

I loved his quote that said he only recruits players that will bring a NC.

Keep the faith.

GO IRISH!!!!

well done sub. I am also in agreement that we should take 2 RB's. Somehow we need to land a 4th LB in this class. I'm afraid that CB could be the position that gets hurt. Not by choice, but we could land just 1 CB.

Guest TDJesus3

yea im still baffled about how all these kids fit in maybe the staff is just blowing steam when they say 5OL i think 4 would be a better number but who knows, this is gonna be fun to see how it plays out

Maybe the 5 OL comment is in response to the sting we got with the loss of Oglesby. That hurt. Maybe i'm just optimist but I say the Oglesby thing is not over. This decision was made on emotion with the illness of his grandmother. Charlie has alot of time to bring him to SB.

Guest TDJesus3

you never know but i think Miller makes up for that loss well, and I think Weis has really made some great headway with Miller

Guest TDJesus3

allen, rainey, or i guess hughes

allen and rainey being your speed type backs

Hughes being your house with legs