Brady Quinn, Notre Dame

- 23.6%

Other

- 10.3%

Troy Smith, Ohio State

- 7.6%

Chris Leak, Florida

- 3.5%

Found this poll on Lemmings site.How good is this BrohmKid is he that much better than Brady?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bat

Brian Brohm is darn good. If healthy he will be in the Heismen race. This is his last year. He tore his knee up, had a cadiver knee cap replacement is still in a brace.

Catholc kid from Louisvlle Trinity HS, a big star. His father was Oscar Brohm who led Louisville Flaget o a state Championship and went into college. One othe older brother was a college end and another brother a colge and minor pro coach. So an extensive family fooball tree. Both brother work for University of Louisvile Athletics, one is on Patrino's staff.

Ty came to recruit him but messed it up very badly. I believe also one of the brothers wished to be employed by ND.

Patrino operates a QB friendly offense. Always will be great stats and perhaps much higher then Bradys this year.

The current public joke among his two brothers is that the cadiver must have been a track star as the one leg seems much faster.

After Brohm this year feeling is Patrino is gone. He is not liked in town wining or not.

Guest Bat

I'm adding an addendum:

Brohm led Trinity HS to I guess 3 state Championships ususally over St. X. who also produces. Incredible arm, accuracy etc. Personally saw him play several times. He was in that, personal source, religious pipeline I have and of course I wanted him to go to ND. Both HS produce some great athletes, good kids just have been ignored really by ND. It has gotten so between St X and Trinity for Champion, the State seperated this coming years Championship into two divisions one for those two "Catholic" and one for the rest of the areas schools.

I ignore U of L(Which is pretty darn close to wear I live) :roll: as have no interset outside of the HS area kids and ND, once they choose another school I simply drop them off my radar.

I can vouch for the fact he is Good and perhaps the only one to give Brady a run. I'd go so far as to say Brian might just grab the Heismen but Brady would draft higher in the NFL coming from Charlie's Pro system rather than Patrino's.

Louisville's in the Big East now so eventually down the road ND will met them.

Thanks for the insight on Brohm and the locale HS FB teams.Guess we won't have to wait much longer to see who willbe better.Maybe brohm wilbe thinking to much about the heisman race and not do well.

Guest bfabes05

Louisville QB Brian Brohm was defintely a top QB last year before his injury, he was in the top categories for all the stats...but coming off and injury, even if he wasnt...I think we all know who the best QB in the nation is going into next year...Its #10 who plays for Charlie Weis, 32 TDs and over 3,000 yards passing in only year one of Weis' offense, Brady Quinn is by far the best QB heading into 2006

Guest eyesofbevo
Its #10 who plays for Charlie Weis, 32 TDs and over 3,000 yards passing in only year one of Weis' offense, Brady Quinn is by far the best QB heading into 2006

He'll certainly get the most TV face time, but I think some other QBs could be in the mix.

Brian Brohm

Kelvin Kolb

Drew Tate

Drew Weatherford

Brandon Cox

I thin Brohm will end up with the better numbers, w/ Kolb not far behind Quin.

Drew Tate is probably the best athlete of the bunch -- and Weatherford and Cox will probably be on teams with the best seasons.

Guest bfabes05

Do you dissagree with what I am saying, ive watched pretty much every QB on your list, and the defintion of a great Quarterback is Brady Quinn. If you just watch one game of his, his decisions, his ability to elude good pass rushes, and just his flat out talent to play the position is amazing to me, not just as a Notre Dame fan.

Much like Vince Young in the Rose Bowl when I would watch him make throws without stepping into them and also make great decisions whether running or throwing.

Point is there is a few great QB's going into next season, but Brady Quinn is ahead of the pack pretty well...with his expierence probably the best offensive coach a QB could have, and his flat out talent, period.

Guest bluester2000

One thing about Heisman runs is that they usually start with the previous season's bowl game. If a player can come out and make a statement in a big game against a quality opponent they don't play all that often, that usually bodes for good things. Under that I think we need to make sure Brady keeps after it. He'll have the ND advantage, but that of course comes with a price as well.

Guest Bat

Bfabes, eyes (Gang)

I can personally vouch Brian is really hot. This IS my back yard.

I personally wpuld love Brady winning the HEISMEN AND ANOTHER LARGE H FOR OUR STADIUM.

I have never entered the Who's te Heismen race? I am not interested in any personal awards. I have no vote as to who is Heismen.

Statisticly, if that's what the voters care for and Brian is healthy he will put up stats to challange Brady if not beat him. I say this as a Great ND fan and Brady fan.

I dislike U of L, previous employee there. I have to go on campus tomorrow. It's a good ole boy place and minor USC with all that means.

Brian operates in Patrino's pass happy and run up the score offense. It's also not up to me to say which teams foes are worse or better.

I buck the entire DomersDomain board repeatedly on the aspect of passing. #1 Weis will never run up a score. #2 If the run is there run if the pass is there pass, but that's not run up the score. #3 I do believe Weis wants to develop a running game with our stable of backs. Lastly again and again and yest again I do not think Brady will be in a game as much as the majority here think. He needs to test his more untried QB's for 2007 under actual fire. This wait for little jimmy is not6 a Weis way.

Will Brady put up some nice stats and records? YES!

Who is the Better QB? Who would the Pros in NFL want as #1 Brady, way over what Brian accomplishes.

Who will be blinded my much more playing time, great yardage and pass completions? I don't know but feel the Heismen people will be. Brians really a bigger little jimmy in that it's all get me to the NFL.

So I am saying Brady is better but the situation under Weis vs Patrino is like night and day. Again that's if Brian is healthy. Bevo I discard the rest on your list.

Weis is looking at the overall health of the ND program and the future not engaging in shootout wars, get me to the NFL and a job antsy hopping Patrino out for personal glory.

Guest eyesofbevo
If a player can come out and make a statement in a big game against a quality opponent they don't play all that often, that usually bodes for good things.

That's pretty much the crux of the matter for Quin. Until he has that "signature" win, he'll never win the Heisman.

I'm not saying it isn't gonna happen, but that is the basic criteria for a NY invite.

Guest Bat

Shamrock I am not familiar with Drew, I would not know about Brian except he did come from my HS pipeline here and of course is all over local Sports section which I can't ignore. Race wise (if healthy) 2006 I do have to give Brian the nod for those multiple reasons I gave a bit above. That's not attacking Brady guys. :D

Back to who is better? Brady is what the NFL wants in a system and right now is what ND wants and needs not some hot shot QB. As Coach said he can take a licken and keeps on ticken.

We are going to win and win big with Brady and these 2006 back ups, that's my priority but I am not unaware of the records Brian can throw up.

Like Lienart I feel Brian will be an expensive NFL bust even with no leg injury.

Guest bluester2000

Senor,

A lot can change over the course of the season. Recall Leinart was an automatic Top 3 pick last year before the season. Now all of a sudden he fell down to the 10th pick. It only goes to prove me belief that you NEVER use a first round pick on a quarterback.

Guest eyesofbevo
Just look at who Mel Kiper JR had for his top 10 players for next years 2007 draft

Kiper's board is incredibly fluid. It changes more often than the weather. 50% of the guys on there now will not be there by mid-season.

He had a guy like Darnell Bing in his top 20 picks, then bumped him down to later rounds -- and he's now having to play another position altogether.

I think Quinn is a top 10 pick for sure. The Shark is another thing. I'm not sure he has the jets to impress at the combine. Next year's class of receivers will be much better than this ones. In fact, if anyone should have come out early it was Samarjda. He is an excellent possesion receiver for the NFL, but you have to be realistic that he's just not a primary receiver type athlete for the NFL.

To be fair, I also have doubts about Calvin Johnson, who is in the same mold.

Guest bluester2000

If JS left he would have been drafted right around where Stovall was. Sure next year is a great class for wideouts, but most teams can use another good/great wide receiver. He'll be a first day pick.

Guest TDJesus3

BQ is a better QB prospect as far as pro potential than brohm just because of the difference in coaching they have recieved, no one will have worries about BQ picking up the pro offense, as far as pure ability goes they are pretty similar both have very few knocks when it comes to ability and presence in the pocket...I still think BQ is a better draft choice becuase he will be more polished, but brohm given a good year shoudl be a 1st round choice, but i bet he comes back and makes a run at the number one spot the next year, Also, as far as heisman goes it depends on how the teams perform, BQ will be hard to beat if we are winning, ville shoudl have a good year but i wouldnt look for them to be a top 10 ten, just my opinon, but they do have a good offense and that should get him to the party but if we have a good year BQ will be very hard to beat

Guest irishrick

here it is if the irish win the nc game or a big bowl win brady will be the heisman winner, otherwise the louisville kid will win it . we have to sway the do gooder vote our way, and that means a nc win. the heisman people like to make a surprise, brady will be either one or two all season. in the end it will go to the louisville kid. sorry brady you will get drafted very high the louisville kid will come on the late first round, . go irish. :)

Guest Bat

TD that's my opinion. I am just Brian Brohm will put up some wild stats. This is going to make him a darling of the sportswriters who after all vote on that Heismen. He came in last behind flashy Lienart and wasn't even allowed to go. One has to admit the flash (little jimmy) even blinds everyone. Brady's really good, sees the field and knows how to operate in a Pro set. (Occasionally has that deer in the headlights look on a blitz) is his only drawback. Look for Brohm to go maybe 10th if that.

But I'm looking for a 2006 guy who from day one is under Weis for life after.

Guest JerseyDomer

Brohm will have better stats if he stays healthy all year. Brady will mirror and add a little to last years #'s IMO. I would love to see Brady win the Heisman, but comparing that to a National Title, well, i'll take the later. Give Brohm the Heisman, give Brady the Fiesta Biowl MVP award.