James kirkendoll

GwoodND

May 1, 2006

Pete Sampson

IrishIllustrated.com Editor

Rivals.com

Wide receiver James Kirkendoll hadn't heard much from Notre Dame. So the Round Rock, Texas athlete decided to show the Irish coaching staff why he deserved a little more attention. The 6-foot, 170-pound wide out trekked to South Bend last weekend to work out at the adidas combine where he posted some impressive numbers in both the 40-yard dash and shuttle run.

Has anyone have any info on this kid.Sounds like he likes ND alot.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So What? Your James Kirkendoll... That don't impress me much...do do doooOO

Boy, that's a pretty unmanly joke, playing off of Shania...Anyway, the dude looks like a bean pole and when we have the other two locked up and our choice of anybody else we could ever want at WR, I don't think this kid stacks up. ND is a pipe dream. That is just my personal opinion, though.

Guest Kgreene2343

He has the look, but does he have the touch :D

I know that in the NFL, most busts are gotten when a bad player posts impressive numbers at the combine, and that might be the case with him. He may look like he's a really good reciever, but he could get frustrated easily and drop passes. Charlie knows not to just look at stats, and that's why he's not recruiting him. Although, if Benn, Kumara, or a few of the other options go to a different school than ND (knock on wood) then he might get an offer.

If he's able to find a way on the team then we should call him Rudy. I love it when players show they want to come here. I know Charlie can recruit the talent, I just hope we don't forget about character and end up with tons of 4 and 5 star talent that goes to pieces when faced with adversity. You all remember Lou's favorite word? Charlie knows what he's doing, just too bad to turn a kid like that down.

LOU RULZ!!!!! I'm chewing on a piece of freshly mown Notre Dame Tundra as we speak! Just thinking up plays to crush opposing coaches' dreams! Anyway, I like when a kid shows he wants to come. You always want people that want to be with you. I'm just interested in seeing if Kumara and Benn, Ragone, etc will sacrifice their bodies when Jimmy leads them across the middle? Fasano, Shark and Stovall have spoiled us with their BLUE COLLAR stunts.

Guest TDJesus3

ha im not so sure how much those guys sacraficed under TY, i think that mentality to do whatever you have to do comes from CW, teams take on the personality of their coach and our coach makes them blue collar and just nasty...they can take everything from coach but our players need to make sure they sleep, because we all know coach is a freak who never sleeps

Guest Bat

Now guys those slams against USC in their times of trouble are uncalled for. We shoud not kick one who is down.

I'm fresh from talking to a priest and those are unchristian and unethical remarks. Just because Notre Dame got slammed, laughed at and kicked around for 8 years, heck, count even last years bad publicity and.... What the Hail Mary am I saying here? "Kick, kick,kick,kick." :wink: :lol: :lol:

broke u made me laugh out loud!u guys might have been joking but i was serious. i coach defensive backs for my old high school and the head coach is a HUGE SC fan, he made me watch the game at his place, and when reggie pushed lienhart in the back. his drunk @$$ screamed "we are SC about 7 inches from my face." i have never wanted to kill a man before but for that one second ican see how people do. go irish