Martez Wilson

Rockne3d

Guest johnchampion

This guy isn't much of a secret anymore.

But he is also a strong ND lean now that he has an offer.

When Weis uses the name Simeon Rice in the same breath as Martez Wilson, people are going to listen.

Wilson will be an ND verbal. Only a matter of when.

I have to admit that Broker is "THE MML". You may be wondering what tha stands for? Man, Myth, Legend! A one of a kind when it comes to the recruiting world. I need more SOURCES!!!! ....and bandwidth! I think Broker is really Peyton Manning. He's the ONLY guy I know who watches more film! Broke! You're not Father Phil, are you?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCIrish

After reading over some articles regarding Wilson, I think it will be tough to secure Wilson's commitment. He has publicly stated that Miami is his "dream school" and it looks like USC is putting the full court press on him. Looks like Carroll and 2 assistants visited him recently.

One recruiting analyst said he covered some Illinois kids who played in the Army All-American game a few years back and that Wilson was better than all of them (easily).

I really want that guy!!

BTW, is it me or is there a trend developing here? Looks like we are doing all the evaluating and the other schools sweep in and offer after we do...

BTW, is it me or is there a trend developing here? Looks like we are doing all the evaluating and the other schools sweep in and offer after we do...

We better get used to this. CW has shown that he can evaluate talent, and doesn't need to wait on Rivals / ESPN / Scout to tell him who to go after. Other schools are now looking at CW and an early talent evaluating service.....maybe he should start charging them a monthly fee.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnchampion

I seem to be noticing this trend as well.

Notre Dame gets there first, then the kid gets flooded with attention.

I don't know if Wilson and Hughes will get Miami offers. I have to believe that Miami can find enough high caliber kids at RB/FB, DE/LB down in Florida.

Guest TDJesus3

yea i agree, i still think they both end up at ND, i think these kids get flooded with attention then it slows down and they come back to us, who started the whole thing

Though I believe they will end up in Blue and Gold, I would not be surprised if Wilson and Hughes end up at Miami. They have both been quoted saying Miami is their dream school, and that they really want to play together.

Notre Dame gets there first, then the kid gets flooded with attention.

kerry neal

kallen wade

aaron nigal

martez wilson

its becoming the new trend in college football recruiting, if your not sure on a prospect wait and see what charlie weis does. it seems like CW does the player evaluation while the other teams wait to see what he does.

Guest DCIrish

It would be incredible if we get Martez Wilson, Kerry Neal and Ben Martin...

Talk about DE depth...

BTW, Wilson is a pure athlete. He is a former wide receiver who has really hit the weights.

As with Neal and Wilson, it might take a year or two to get the full impact of their athleticism. Justin Tuck was about their size when he arrived on campus. It took a few years for him to put on the weight to be an effective DE.

The future certainly looks bright there though...