Wayne Bonner

Guest NDLawJAG

Guest NDLawJAG

Does Wayne Bonner have an offer?? Somethings funny about this guy.

I read a recent, April 7, scout Article that said he had three offers... Florida, Michigan and Indiana. But an older, January, scout Article said, "That versatility has Bonner already sporting some nice offers, Wayne reporting that Nebraska, Mississippi State, Clemson, Florida and Notre Dame have all offered at this point."

Rivals says "Milledgeville (Ga.) Baldwin wide receiver Wayne Bonner is getting plenty of early attention but it is yet to translate into any firm offers. However, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound prospect feels two schools may be close and one of them is Nebraska, but will it matter even if the Huskers do come through?" They report no offers for him as of March 7.

He goes on to say, "I'd like to stay in the south if I can," he said. "I think they play the best football and have the best fans in this part of the country, and I just feel more comfortable here."

Finally, i watched tape and I do not think he is the caliber of the rest of the WRs. He has very good hands, then again who puts drops in a highlight film, but not one clip where he shows any moves.

Guest TDJesus3

Yes, he has an offer, i have him listed on the offer list, and mind you this was a long time ago when i got that news but i have not heard anything to the contrary, i do think however hes not that interested in ND, so i wouldnt spend much time thinking about him

Guest NDLawJAG

Yes, but did you get that from his comments to Scout... if so they appear to have been bogus. I think this guy was trying to name drop... and never had any from the schools he mentioned. Unless it comes from a source, I doubt the scout article because every subsequent article contradicts it.

BTW it would be cool if you could put the source of the info on the sticky...

Guest TDJesus3

i dont have time to do that now, and i dont really reveal my sources but if someone doubts one we can check it, normally i hear about them a little earlier than the pay sites, and sometimes i get them from the pay sites just depends, if no one wants it or trusts it we can take it down, i was just doign it to keep it organized, if you doubt one or have another i appreciate the help in keeping it updated, just let me know guys and ill stop doing it, im just trying to keep it somewhat organized so we can see how it is, but im not going to reveal my sources.

i dont have time to do that now, and i dont really reveal my sources but if someone doubts one we can check it, normally i hear about them a little earlier than the pay sites, and sometimes i get them from the pay sites just depends, if no one wants it or trusts it we can take it down, i was just doign it to keep it organized, if you doubt one or have another i appreciate the help in keeping it updated, just let me know guys and ill stop doing it, im just trying to keep it somewhat organized so we can see how it is, but im not going to reveal my sources.

Have you read what you posted here?

LAW asked a simple and legit question. An open question to the board. He took the time and effort to document an apparent inconsistency.

Your followup response

... if no one wants it or trusts it we can take it down ...
rambles with defensiveness ala Captain Queeg, Caine Mutiny. (Good flick, good read, BTW). LAW wasn't challenging your credibility.

And as for "sources", Law mentioned,

BTW it would be cool if you could put the source of the info on the sticky...

It would be helpful to list, say, Scout, Rivals, BGI, or PS (Personal Source). I'd suggest identifying the boardmember who has the PS such as PS-Chiro, PS-Bat, PS-TDJ3 so the appropriate James Bond clone can get props and the pretenders get exposed.

Law also noted,

Yes, but did you get that from his comments to Scout... if so they appear to have been bogus

If your source (I do NOT want to know who it is) WAS using the Scout list as basis, it's a circular reference and that's not confirmation. But it is very common in the recruiting world. Please have patience with we mere mortals that aren't listed on Ianello's speed dial, or have a clergy recruiting network worthy of the DaVinci Code, or might know a secretary who types the lists for ...

Bonner's ND offer appeared out of nowhere in the recruiting world. As did a couple of others and yes, some do appear on the sticky list.

There was a discussion on NDN a while back after someone raised a question there about Bonner's "offer". Someone fired back assertively, "It's on his Scout Profile, why would Mike Frank list it if it weren't true!" Well, Mike Frank posted an interesting reply. I assume you have heard of Mike. I got to know him about 10 years ago back when I did the recruiting lists for Tom Schildt on the Irish Recruiting Journal and he was starting his business while handling mortgage refi's to pay the rent.

That's Scout's thoughts, not mine, by Mike Frank 02/12 In reply to: Per Scout, only 9 offers to class of '07 so far? posted by EFH4ND “I don't have control over who's listed with offers. Rainey and Sykes haven't been offered. I don't believe Bonner has as well. Others have been that are not on that list.”

Recent issues of BGI (the paper) have noted that several "offers" are conditional - they need academic improvement, or additional core courses taken, or an (ND) acceptable test score. They mentioned names such as Rainey, Barnes, Davis, and King. Among the non-offered they noted Dailey has work to do first.

LAW, for the record since that exchange I've not seen any article confiriming a Bonner offer nor mention of one. Could there be one yes, I don't subscribe to any service. All the old priests and nuns I knew died. I know longer have a contact on staff. And I don't go to school with Leeming's grandchildren. I just read the public boards, swap emails, and keep a WORD file of articles and comments on ND prospects. The Class of '11 file is 108 pages so far.

Lately I have had more gas than juice!

Darn whitecastle sliders!

Pay sites? I'll just go back to champions, in Indy ,on a Friday night. I find that cold beer loosens lips and pay sites sink ships!

I neglected to acknowledge those whose livers take a hit so the rest of us enquiring minds are kept in the know. Mea culpa!

Any frothy news?

Friday night's fading into morning.

Nothing new on ND front last night. Will keep radar ears in effect.

Did learn we now have signal jammers on all hummers to protect our troops from special Iraqi roadside assistance and that we are sending a General to Iran to start some rhetoric. Amazing what beer will allow people to talk about. Chiro predicts Iran buckles in to sanctions or gets buckled and burned by Big American made technology and special material. I will place an expiriation date of September 1st on my prediction.

Quite a bit here. TD's doing an amazing if not thankless job, so time to say thanks TD :) As for my sources they would all be PS (personal sources) as I too don't subsribe to any pay site. Mine tend to come from priests or HS coaches. About the best time in the world is Lent before Easter, as the churches have fish frys and the coaches gather to schmooze and gab so this gets back as to what's going on.

I was able to get a bit more info from NJ, because I myself will be moving from this apartment to an apartment complex run by an Archdiocese religious community. I hope to get much more future info once established in about two weeks. The topic came up more so because of this move of mine, he is elderly too and my daughter was and now is moved to McGuire AFB NJ. (A future source) So I asked him to look out for her. My only other sources are again elderly two ladies and a priest in Florida (Jacksonville) which is how I got I think three Florida recruits right.

No bias, but in general these tend to be on parochial kids and not public school, so I have none there.

I have to trust these more than a paid site rumor or report. I wish I did and could report on Austin but have nothing from that DC area. Otherwise I trust all the info here at DD. :) I too can't reveal a personal name here or anywhere...pardon my pun it wouldn't be Kosher. :lol:

Guest NDLawJAG

I was not asking anyone to reveal sources, I would not reveal mine (if I had one). I seems that for the most part people rely on what the kid says, and some of these jids like Bonner seem to say the oppisite thing in every interview. If the info came from source that you all trusted I would put more weight on it then what some of these kids say.

Guest TDJesus3

i agree its tough becuase these kids change what they say depending on who they are talkiong to, we talked about this before, they tell the writer good things about whatever school they are writing for because they do not want to say anything bad or do not want to sound like a bad guy or they do not want to piss that writer off, but yes name dropping happens, but offer dropping doesnt happen nearly as much, but this is what makes it so hard to deciefer through what these kids say, so you have to rely on your sources and what other guys on the board are hearing and then we try and sort it out, who cares if he has an offer or not, i just list those so we have a general idea where we are going and names we are looking at, its not a big deal if one MAY be wrong...Ill check on bonner after finals, but offer or no offer he wont be irish, Benn and Kumara along with a third wideout will be, its just a matter of finding number three right now, could be alot of guys but it wont be bonner

Well hopefully, our TRIFECTA of receivers all meet tonight at the combine and become fast friends and commit. I would like to see little ,kumara,benn. I just shudder to think of the POWER that we will have on the O-line with those BOOKEND tight ends and Gigantasourus rex OT's plowing the way for our Velociraptor Aldridge! WOW!!!!! To you younger guys. You end up talking about dinosaurs when you have a 3 year old boy.

I hear you on that Chiro! I babysit my 4 year old cousin and if it isn't pirates, spaceships, or monsters, it is definitely Dinosaurs. I find it particularly fun when we turn Mommy & Daddy into dinosaurs and go hunting. I don't know if they particularly enjoy the ambush, though.