Lorenzo Edwards

IrishGuy

Edwards ready for Midwest tour.

by Pete Sampson

Notre Dame already watched Lorenzo Edwards work out once this week. Irish assistants Rob Ianello and Bernie Parmalee visited Orlando, Fla., on Wednesday to check out the 6-foot-2, 217-pound safety, who already holds offers from Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan and Florida. This weekend the Notre Dame staff will see Edwards again, this time in the shadow of the Guglielmino Center.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=539087

Guest TDJesus3

i would say right now hes an ND lean, he has alot of contact with our guys and is really interested in academics, plus im pretty sure hes been told by our staff that he will have a chance to play safety, which is really where he wants to be even though the rest of us keep callign him a lb...i woudl say right now if we didnt land him i would be suprised but i have no source on this just a gut feeling

Guest TDJesus3

yea and he talks to him alot, but this kid is a priority and he seems to have a mutual high level of interest, im saying ND lean right now

Guest NDLawJAG

I agree. I think he will be ND in the end. The thing that could hurt us most is that I think we look at this kid as more a LB prospect but he has said he wants to play Safety.

Michael Williams will also most likely be a safety...although he does have the flexibility to play corner. I'm really pulling for Edwards too, he seems like a great fit for the Irish....I just hope he doesn't follow the path of another Irish Architecture major.

Guest johnchampion

If they can reel in both Zo and Major Wright, you're talking two very hard hitting safeties.

With Ndukewe graduating and Zbikowski possibly going pro, I hope ND takes in two safeties and that these are the two.

Guest gizmokt24

From what I've read, it sounds like the visit went really well. However, he is not going to be pulling the trigger any time soon. He said he is keeping his options open.

I really want this guy at ND. From the videos I've seen, he is just nasty. I would love to see him blowing people up in the back field all day long. That kind of play and intensity will definitely bring back a swagger to the ND defense that has been missing for years.

Anyone have any more info/insight into Wright?

Now that we have JC, my top 5 on my wish list would be as follows:

1. Marvin Austin

2. Josh Oglesby (not willing to give up on him)

3. Ben Martin

4. Major Wright

5. Arrelius Benn

Some may have Benn higher but I just think that he is easier to replace than the others. I'm not slighting Benn at all, I think he is phenomenal.

I think Oglesby's decision was an emotional decision. I don't think he would have chosen Wisconsin if his grandmother wasn't sick. It gave him other motivations to stay home.